Cabinet Meeting #1- Chapter 33

(Y/N)= YOUR NAME

(H/C)= HAIR COLOR

(E/C)= EYE COLOR

(A/N)= AUTHOR'S NOTE

(F/F)= FAVORITE FLOWER

(F/C)= FAVORITE COLOR

(I MAY ADD MORE TO THIS LIST LATER IF I NEED TO)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YOU/READER'S POV:

***A FEW DAY'S LATER***

It's now been a few days since me and John have adopted little Jessica. And everything so far has been going smoothly. I met with Amelia yesterday so she could meet the new baby. Honestly, she didn't seem very surprised at the fact I already have a child...which scared me. But that aside, Alex informed me of something today that made me worry...

"(Y/n)?" Alex said as he came own the stairs with the newspaper in his hands. 

"Yes, Alex?" I asked while standing up from the couch, with Jessica in my arms. 

"Did you hear the news?" 

"No, what?"

"Mr. Jefferson is coming home!" Alex informed me. 

"Mr. Jefferson...as in Thomas Jefferson?" I questioned. 

"Yes..Have you met him before?" Alex asked. 

"Yes actually...while I was in Paris. If it weren't for him, I probably would not have found Lafayette." I explained. "Have you met him before?" 

"No, but I will. I have a cabinet meeting with him tomorrow." Alex said. 

"Oh, really? About what?" I said as I rocked Jessica in my arms.

"My plan to assume state dept, and establish a national bank...but apparently Mr. Jefferson doesn't like my ideas..." 

"So that's why this meeting will take place?" I questioned. 

"Yes, also...Mr. Washington will be there. So I was wondering if you and John would like to go, so you could see him again." Alex asked. 

"Of course! I would love to see Mr. Washington again, and thank him for everything he's done!" I cheered. 

"Yes, but please excuse me...I must finish these last few pages for the meeting tomorrow." 

"Yes, of course...just don't strain yourself..." I pleaded. 

"I'll try..." Alex sighed as he went back up the stairs. 

***THE NEXT DAY*** 

Me and John sat in our seats within the crowd of people. Jessica stayed with Eliza while we attended the meeting with Alex. Washington announced for them to start, and I listened closely at everything they were saying. 

(a/n, you already now what happens...basically the whole "Cabinet Battle 1" lyrics)

Everything went alright for the most part...until Alexander took it a little to far...

"Sitting there useless as two shits! Hey, turn around, bend over, I'll show you where my shoe fits!" That caused Washington to call Alexander for a break. 

"John, why don't we follow them?" I asked as I tugged on his sleeve. 

"Alright." Me and him walked to the back room where Alex and Washington talked. We walked in at just the right time when their conversation ended. 

"What happens if I don't get congressional approval?" Alex asked Washington.

"I imagine they'll call fro your removal..." Washington mumbled. Those words made me worry a little bit. 

"Sir!-" Alex started. 

"Figure it out Alexander, that's an order from your commander." Washington then turned his attention towards the doors where me and John stood. 

"S-sorry to interrupt Mr. Washington! I'd assume you remember me?" I asked nervously. 

"Why yes, how could I ever forget America's first women soldier!" He chuckled as he walked up and kissed my hand. "And hello to you Mr. Laurens." 

"Hello, Sir! It's an honor to see you again." John said. 

"Yes, it it. And congratulations on you're guy's wedding!" Washington said happily. 

"Ah, so you did get the invitation?!" I felt relieved. 

"I did, I felt bad for not attending though..." he motioned. "I'm really sorry about that, I was very busy at the time." 

"Don't worry about it, sir! It's quite alright!" John exclaimed. 

"Yes, please don't worry about a thing!" I reassured him. 

"Alright, well I would love to stay and chat longer, but I have bushiness to attend too. It was really nice to see you too again!" 

"It was, sir. Have a good day!" I said. 

"Thank you, I hope we see each other again soon!" With that he left the room. I looked over at Alex...with who looked very upset. 

"Alex...is everything alright?" I asked shyly. 

"No..." he sighed. "All that work put into those papers...for what?...nothing..." 

"Alex..." John mumbled as he walked over and placed a hand on his shoulder. "I'd be more than happy to help you..." 

"How?" Alexander asked. 

"Well, with both our brains put together on paper...I'm sure we can make something work!" John insisted. 

"Are you sure?...'cause we still need to work on those slavery essays." Alex reminded him. 

"I know...but right now we can worry about this, and get straight back to the essay's when this is handled!" 

"Alright...but only if you're okay with helping..." Alex said. 

"Of course I am! Anything for a friend!" Alex smiled at the slight thought of him having a friend by his side the whole time. 

"I hate to break the cute talk...but you guy's should get to work if you want this to succeed!" I laughed. 

"R-right!..." Alex mumbled. The whole rest of the day was filled with silence as John and Alex began working on their writing in their rooms. I really wanted to help, but I had to take care of Jessica. My anxiety grew over the thoughts of how these next few weeks would go...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

UGH...SCHOOL IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER...AND THAT MEANS I'LL HAVE LESS TIME TO TYPE! ITS NOT THAT I GET HOME REALLY LATE...IT'S JUST I ALWAYS DEAL WITH A LOT OF BULLIES AND SHIT LIKE THAT...SO I JUST WANT TO GO HOME AFTER EACH DAY AND DRAWL ABOUT IT IN MY MIND. I HATE FUCKING BULLIES...ANYWAY, HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND!

~BYE!~