Jessica Laurens- Chapter 32

(Y/N)= YOUR NAME

(H/C)= HAIR COLOR

(E/C)= EYE COLOR

(A/N)= AUTHOR'S NOTE

(F/F)= FAVORITE FLOWER

(F/C)= FAVORITE COLOR

(I MAY ADD MORE TO THIS LIST LATER IF I NEED TO)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YOU/READER'S POV:

***1 WEEK LATER***

"John, i'm getting a little concerned..." I told my husband as I entered the living room with the baby we found a week ago in my arms. 

"Why, dear?" John asked. 

"It's now been a week...and no one has claimed this baby." I sighed as I looked deeply into the eyes of the baby I was carrying. 

"I know...but maybe we should wait a little longer." he insisted. 

"John, we need to face the fact that someone left this baby on the doorstep because they didn't want her anymore...it really kills me to say it...but I'm positive that is the case." I said as i walked closer to him. 

"What do we do..." he sighed sadly. 

"Well..." I started. "I know we were just married, but...how about we adopt her?" I suggested. 

"Wait...you really mean it?" John questioned. 

"Only if you're okay with it..." 

"Of course I am!" he said as he wrapped his arms around my waist. "From the moment I saw the baby, I wanted us to adopt her...but I didn't think you'd be okay with it." 

"Well, since it's clear someone abandoned her...I would be more than happy to keep her as our daughter!" I said cheerfully. 

"Yes! I'm a dad!" John cheered as he threw his arms into the air. He grabbed my waist again and picked me up, spinning around in a circle. 

"John, careful! The baby!" I yelled as he carefully set me down. 

"Oh, right...sorry!" he mumbled as a scratched the back of his neck. I laughed at his foolishness, until Alexander came down the stairs. 

"Hey...what's with the commotion?" He said as she rubbed his eyes. 

"Oh, sorry Alex! It's just...I'm a dad!" John said proudly. 

"Oh, so you guys decided to adopt the little one?" Alex smiled. 

"Yep! I'm a mother now!" I cheered as I let Alex hold the baby.

"So, what's her name?" Alex asked. 

"Crap..! John, what will we name her?" I questioned. 

"Hmm, I dunno...you decide!" John insisted. 

"What!? No way...were supposed to come up with a name together!" I shouted. 

"Well just suggest something, and I'll tell you if I like it or not." He said as he crossed his arms over his chest. 

"Okay...um, what about Jessica?...that was the name of my grandmother.." I sighed the last part. 

"Were you close with your grandmother?" He asked. 

"Yes...besides Amelia, she was the only one who understood who I really was." 

"Jessica it is then!" John announced. 

"Are you sure, John?" I questioned. 

"Yes, I really like the name!" he smiled. 

"Then welcome to the family, Jessica!" Alex said as he stroked her thin black hair. The baby smiled and laughed in response. 

I can't wait to see what the future will hold... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WHOOP! WHOOP! JOHN'S A DAD!...OH BOY...CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HOW THAT WILL PLAY OUT...LET'S JUST HOPE HE DOES'NT BECOME AN ALEXANDER...

~BYE!~