8- Washington D.C.

The Runaways

Chapter Eight
Washington D.C.

I laid down on the couch to sleep, I really didn't want to be a burden to everyone, I felt useless now. The couch was made of leather, not cloth, so it was quite uncomfortable. I didn't mind it though. It was fantastic.

I awoke several hours later in a large bed, I rubbed my eyes and sat up slowly. "Good morning." Arthur said from across the room, he was in front of a mirror, fixing his tie.

"What?" I asked, "Where are we?"

He gave a smile as he made his way outside of the room, "My house, get dressed and meet us for breakfast next door at Alfred's home."

I now sat alone on the bed, there was a white dress laid on the foot of the bed, beside it were white knee high socks and black flats and a pink ribbon. I eyed the dress for a minute. Great, now I have to get up.

Moments later, I left the room, my old clothes were left where the outfit Arthur left me was. That's his problem now! I slowly made my way down the hall and towards the front door. I then past Francis, "Bonjour." He said with a smile. I held the ribbon in my hand, "Bonjour." I said.

"Where are you going?" He asked. I answered, "Arthur told me to meet him over at Alfred's house for breakfast." He gave a light laugh, "dressed like that?" I looked down at my outfit, "What's wrong with it?" He held out his hand, "That outfit is so boring, and you haven't done your hair at all." I combed my fingers through my hair and admitted, "Sorry, I don't know how." I took his hand and we walked towards the room I was just in. "Sit down, I'll get you a better outfit and do your hair!" He gave a warming smile, "Alright."

-- Minutes later and your pov--

Arthur looked at his watch, "What in bloody hell is taking her so long?" He asked irritated. Mathew tried to calm him down, "Don't worry, she is a girl, I think they tend to take longer." Arthur rolled his eyes and crossed his arms, "I suppose.. Wait..." He sat up, "Blimey! I left her alone with that bloody frog!" He stood up, but then Francis led you into the kitchen.

"Morning! Sorry I'm late, but Francis got me a new dress and did my hair!" You smiled cheerfully. Arthur turned around and looked at you. He was speechless for a moment, "You... You look good." He sat back down immediately and started eating a bit rushed.

Francis elbowed you and gave you a wink. You smiled and sat down beside Arthur.

Your new dress was a bit shorter and had long white sleeves. The dress went down to the top middle half of you legs. You had on a blue sapphire necklace and matching earrings. Your shoes were red flats and they complimented your outfit. Francis admitted is was more French styled that it was English, but it was still better. Your hair was up in a bun, and instead of a ribbon or a hair tie holding your hair together, Francis had French braided some of your bangs and used that to wrap your hair in the back. While he did use your bangs for the hair tying, some of your hair was let loose and he curled it to the side. It looked perfect.

"So what's for breakfast?" You asked eagerly. Mathew handed you a plate with pancakes on top and your very own bottle of maple syrup (thanks to Canada, they have a storage room full of it). "T-Thanks, I didn't need it all-" You were quickly cut off by Mathew, "It's free. Take it. And don't ever return it." You shivered as he backed away.

"Dudes!" Alfred called as he entered the room, "We are all going to Washington D.C. Today! So get ready, we are leaving in ten minutes."

"No you twit! You have a bloody painting of me when I burnt down your Capitol building back in the 1800's. I'm not going." You smiled and tugged on his shirt sleeve, "oh, come on Arthur! It'll be fun, like an adventure on memory lane, Ay?" He looked away then back at you, "Fine, I'll go." You and Alfred then began to cheer.