6- Not Human

The Runaways

Chapter Six
Not Human

Slowly and eagerly, I decided to walk around, maybe outside a little, whoever lived here had an amazing house with a pretty big back yard. Arthur and Mathew were both taking a nap and I wasn't sleepy, so now was my chance to play!

I skipped around in the yard, but something caught my attention in the corner of my eye. I slowly turned, unsure of what it was, maybe an animal?

When I turned, past the gates, I saw a young man swinging on a swing alone. Out of curiosity, I slowly walked towards him. He was still on the other side of the fence, but I could still say hi.

"Hey!" I called out eagerly. He must have been startled, he turned towards me slowly, he seemed insidious, but safe. "Hi." He said loud enough to hear, but still a little quiet.

"Why are you alone over there?" I asked, he turned back foreword, "I don't like to hang around my sisters and I don't have any friends." As sad as it was meant to sound, he said it boldly, as if he explained it more than once, "Well... In that case, can I come over?"

He turned back towards me as raised a brow, "Are you sure? People don't normally want to come over." I was curious as to why, but I didn't want to see him sad, "I'm not people!" I laughed, but he raised his brows, "R-Really? Are you new?" I swallowed as I looked over at him. Either he was playing along, joking me, or completely serious. I wanted to see where this lead though, "Yeah, I'm new." He jumped up and walked to the gate on his side, I took a step back as he asked, "Who discovered you?"

I didn't understand his question completely, but maybe he meant, 'who found you?' To which the answer was simple, "Arthur did." He looked at me sadly, "Another soon-to-be independent, huh?" He gave a light laugh then turned back at me, "Well I'm Ivan. Nice to meet you... Sorry, what was your name?" I smiled and answered cheerfully, "My name is ________. And it's nice to meet you too, Ivan!"

I ran over to the other side of the gate to his backyard with the swings, "It's kind of cool how I made a friend that's practically the same age as me that lives beside someone I don't know yet!" I laughed as he asked, "You don't know Alfred yet?" I shook my head no, "He isn't home yet, and so I just know Arthur who introduced me to Mathew. And now I know you too!" Ivan smiled as he spoke, "It isn't exactly luck, because we aren't exactly human, we all have one neighbourhood in each of our countries for everyone to come and visit. Alfred helped build all of our houses, but some of up wind up sharing with others. Like my sisters and I, we share a home. Mathew and Alfred share a home, and Francis lives with England on the other side of Alfred's house. Although the houses practically look the same on the outside, the inside is designed to look like our home countries so we feel content."

My eyes widened and I fell off of the swing I was on, "Y-You aren't human?!" I practically shouted in a scared tone. His eyes widens too, as if we completely didn't understand each other, "Sorry, but what the hell are you?" I asked as I jumped up and took a step back. Ivan slowly walked towards me, "So you lied to me?" I shook me head no, then yes as quickly as I could, "I didn't lie! But I wasn't completely honest! GAH, don't kill me!"

Across the gate, the back door opened and Arthur ran out calling my name, he turned and saw us. "Ivan, leave her alone!" He scolded as he quickly sprinted between Ivan and I.

"What's happening here?" He asked angrily. I bent down and picked a stick up, aiming it at Ivan, then Arthur, then Ivan and vice versa (I've wanted to say that for more than half of my life. I dunno, it seems cool to say. Haha 'vice versa' ).

"What are you two?" I asked, my voice shaking, "You aren't human?" I added. Arthur looked at me sadly, "Look, let's go back home, okay?"

"H-Home?" I stuttered, if he meant my old home, there was no way! "No! Tell me what you are if not human!" I shouted, I took another step back and held the frail stick in front if me as menacingly as I could. "Let's go back home and we will talk, __________, please." Arthur said more seriously. I gulped, "I don't wanna go back home! I made it this far, I'm not going back to-" he cut me off as he jumped foreword and hugged me tightly, "________, this is your home." My eyes opened in shock as his arms tightened around me. "A-Arthur... What are you?"

He slowly let go of me and looked into my eyes, "Let's go home and talk, ________." He took my hand and without another word, he lead me back to Alfred's home slowly.

As soon as we sat down, Mathew gave me a cup of my favourite drink, "We will tell you soon! But we have to wait."
I looked at Mathew momentarily, "Wait...? Wait for what?"

The door burst open, Mathew kept his relaxed smile, but I jumped in fear, a loud voice called out, "THE HERO IS HOME!"

Mathew began, "Ah, sounds to me that my brother, Alfred is home!" I looked at Mathew, he was serious! "That's your brother?" I asked as a tall young man, with nearly the same face if not for his bright blue eyes, shorter hair, and cowlick.

"Alfred?"

------------------------------------------------

Aha! Another chapter shot down! <( ^_^)/

Gah, I hate how when I look at the guy I like, even for just a second, and he looks back, even if by accident, all of time seems to stop and I'm just over here DYING!

Is it wrong to pray that his relationship fails? He he he...

Anyways, don't forget to vote, subscribe, and keep reading! Even if the next update it next year! ^____^