22- Coffee

The Runaways

Chapter 22
Coffee

- Arthur's POV -

I sat on the opposite bed in the room after I set my bags on a chair next to the table. Antonio smiled at me as he skipped through the channels but stopped on Dora. Why would my country broadcast this??

"Hola bebe llorón~" Antonio insulted.
(Hello crybaby)

I rolled my eyes and decided to go against my nature and make some coffee.

"Shut up, twat. This is party your fault too since you and that frog practically ganged up on my and killed her." I glared. The coffee was being made so I walked over to the bed and laid down.

"Que?" He asked innocently, "I was just following orders. Orders to attack you. Like I said before, I thought I was supposed to kill everyone. Hehe. I didn't know you had a little girlfriend." He sang. "Plus it was just France's revenge practically."

"Revenge for what?" I snapped as I closed my eyes angrily.

"For Joan."

My eyes quickly opened at the sound of that name. I said nothing though.

I rolled on my side and turned away from him completely.

"Mi amigo (my friend)." He said after a while, "Why don't you just man up and go say sorry for being un inútile?" I frowned, "I already said sorry." I snapped. I really hoped he wouldn't bring up the fact that I did cry like a baby....

"Plus, isn't she the one who should be apologising?" I asked.

Spain shook his head, "For what? Coming out here knowing the dangers to see you?" He asked, "For missing you?"

I stared foreword then stood up to check on the coffee, "She doesn't miss me. She barley knows me."

I could just feel Spain roll his eyes as he turned the volume on Dora up a bit, "If that's what you want to think, okay then. But you don't know the powers of love."

I poured me some coffee in a cup and sat down on the opposite chair next to the table that wasn't occupied by my bags.

"It's funny though. They both look identical even though they are many years apart. But even though they're different people... They're the same..." I said slowly.

Spain raised a brow at my and mumbled something that sounded like, "pinche gringo loco." But I don't know Spanish.

"Also, in the past, she loved me so much, and showed it. But I was so ignorant and only fell for her when it was too late to love her. And now I love ____, but she doesn't seem to love me the same way..." I said.

"Well, yeah. They are different people." Spain commented. I shrugged and raised the cup to my bottom lip, "I would do anything to be with her again."

Spain sighed from his bed and walked over. He pulled out some of my clothing from my luggage but I restrained myself from moving. "You can't love a corpse, but you can sure try to make things right while they're still alive." He said.

I tilted my head, "What's that mean?" I asked.

He tossed a shirt and jacket at me, it landed on the floor... Huh.... Even after two hundred years, maybe more, he still can't throw. "It means for you to get dressed and go." He pointed at the door with his eyes. "Oh!" I exclaimed.

At that moment, we both heard a knock on the door, but it must have been for someone else because it was only one knock. We thought nothing of it. "I'm going to use the bathroom so change quickly." Spain said as he entered the bathroom.

I threw my used clothes onto the bed to put into the laundry bag later and then put my new clothes on. I turned towards the mirror that hung on the wall and straightened up my jacket. I did look quite dashing if I do say so myself.

I took a drink of my coffee as Spain exited the bathroom. Accidentally, I spit it on him and dropped the cup onto the floor, "WHAT IS THIS SHIT??" I asked in shock.

"ITS COFFEE YOU PINCHE PENDEJO!!"