46 - Combination

The Runaways

Chapter 46

Combination

Leonardo lead us all to a room that was just so far away. Or maybe it was just because I hated walking... Yeah, that's probably it.

"The combination is 9-23-15." Leonardo gritted his teeth as China put the combination in and opened the locker.

He then pulled the blue watch out and handed it to America who just stepped on it.

"Is there anything else in the locker?" England asked.

"No! No, there's not!" Leonardo shouted.

China pulled out a few... Special, to say the least, special mangas. And a gun.

"Aren't these like the ones Japan has...?" America asked.

"And how would you know what the ones Japan has look like?" England asked almost immediately.

"Is anyone going to mention the gun?" Germany asked.

"Right, the gun, yeah, that's pretty important too." America said.

China put the mangas back.

"Why didn't you carry your gun around with you?" America asked as he looked at it.

"What?" Leonardo asked, completely shocked, "Why the hell would I do that, hon, that thing can kill me!"

"Yes, guns are notorious for killing." Germany said sarcastically.

Leonardo rolled his eyes and edged away from America, "You aren't going to kill me, are you?"

America laughed sadistically before responding calmly, "No. Not yet anyways."

---

We all walked back to the first room we were in, the room with the three beds and all, all except for one of the blue watches were destroyed.

I didn't know why they didn't just destroy it, I mean, after it's crushed and all it's then useless, then no one will ever time travel or mess with time, just like they wanted.

Unless there was more to it than that, what weren't they telling me though?

"Well, our work here is done then..." England said.

"Yeah, let's go." France mummbled.

I squinted at everyone, yeah, there was definitely something they were all hiding from me.

"Hey guys-" Lucas stopped as his eyes met mine. "Didn't it work?" He asked.

"... No." England frowned.

"It should have worked, here let me see the two blue watches, maybe you didn't crack them correctly." Lucas said almost eagerly.

"What was supposed to happen?" I asked nervously.

He took in a deep breath before answering, "You were supposed to go home."

I looked over at the others and frowned before turning back to Lucas and saying, "Explain."

"Well, once all four watches are destoyed, or cracked, including your necklace, then everything sort of... Restarts, meaning that you get to go home and everything goes as it was. But I think you should remember, I don't know though... This has never actually happened, you know." Lucas spoke.

"Right... So then, where's the necklace?" I asked, as I turned towards everyone.

"Look, it doesn't have to end like this." England said sadly. "We can hide this blue watch from everyone and you can stay here, with us."