10- Run

The Runaways

Chapter Ten

Run

Night had fallen rather slowly, I sat on the food of my bed eager to run somewhere, there was no way I wanted to get caught. What if they came here? What if they questioned everyone? What would everyone then think of me? If I ran away now, and went as far as New York, they would never be able to find me. I looked over at my bag. It was thrown in the closet with clothes and supplies surrounding it, yeah, I could run...

I ran over and quickly began fitting everything in place in the bag, "freedom comes with the price." I kept muttering to myself. Suddenly, the door opened. I quickly turned to see it was Arthur - had he not left yet with Francis?

"What are you doing?" He asked. I frowned and turned away, looking at my hands, they were almost as dirty as my mouth that lied. "I was cleaning up, I tend to do that when I'm stressed, even if it's just a cringe in the bed or a stain on one shirt, I clean it all to feel more relaxed." I stayed frozen in my position until I heard footsteps from behind me. I looked up, he had two cups of tea in his hands. When he stopped beside me, I felt paralysed, what was he going to do?

He stretched his arm out and spilled all off the tea from one hand onto my bag, mostly on clothes since they were on top, "A-Arthur? What the hell?" I shouted angrily, I jumped up and faced him, but he calmly answered from the few inches above me, "You said you would clean, so if you.were trying to leave, now you have to wash your clothes first... All of them, so now I know you won't be trying to runaway anytime soon."

I took a step back in shock, jaded he read my mind?

"Come." He said gently as we walked back over to the foot of my bed. He sat down and petted the bed beside him, signalling me to sit. As I sat down, he offered me the other cup of tea, "I was just going to come up here and drink tea with you because you didn't go down for dinner, which we all found strange since Francis was cooking. However, when I saw you by your luggage, I had no idea you were so desperate to leave like that... And I didn't think anyone wanted you to leave here."

Was this now making me cry? Was I crying? Why was I crying? It was my decision to want to leave, and I was so positive that I would do it, but now I'm crying about it, as if wanting to do it was a lie, but it wasn't. "If you are so desperate to leave, I already have my plane tickets to London, in England, I'm going to go back home for a while, if you are up to it, you can come with me.

My eyes lit up and my heart began to race, "Y-Yes!" I grinned widely and set down the cup beside my dog, before turning towards him and hugging him, "Please just don't leave me." I whispered in his ear. I felt him arms wrap around me, warming me inside. For so long it seems I had isolated myself, and now, I had someone who seemed as if they were standing alone for so long like me, but all I had to do this time, was run over and catch him, like he caught me.

---------------------------------------------

The chapters in this story are somewhat shorter than the ones from my other book because it seems easier to write fan fiction that isn't real than a fan fiction with real events. I dunno, but that's what I think.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this, and dot forget to vote, comment, and follow! ^-^

Adios