34- And Then There Was Silence...

The Runaways

Chapter 34

And Then There Was Silence...

Russia rubbed his eye as he listened to England, Spain, and Scotland argue about the past, all with occasional outbursts from everyone else.

"What do you mean she never told me her real name? Of course she did, otherwise I wouldn't have known it was actually her!" England argued against Scotland who sat back and sighed, "Poor lad, you've gone mad." He sighed.

"Excuse me?" England growled.

"Dude." America interrupted. "England, are you positive that this pirate girl you knew before told you her name though?" England nodded but didn't have a chance to respond, "Okay then, I will take your word for it, but listen to what your bro has to say. He knows a lot more than what he's leading us to think, and he's going to tell us so chill, bruh."

England turned to face his brother who held a glass with some of Russia's vodka. Or maybe it's water? Whatever, let's say it's vodka, Scotland is that badass.

"Tell us what you came here to tell us then." England said calmly.

"Maybe." Scotland replied. "Spain, it's our turn though."

Everyone turned to Spain, but he and Romano were already asleep.

Scotland sighed as he explained, "Okay then, fuck the suspense, I'll just tell you after all, she owes me a cigar.

"So that pirate girl was actually _____ but she never told you her real name because you were too busy to ask and I told her not to. It's best not to. Because that would cause a paradox." He laughed lightly as he continued, "Anyways, she told me everything under the condition that I never say a thing about this until after all the houses get burnt down. And after getting a call from France that my vacation house has been burnt the fuck down, I remembered about ______ telling me that would happen. So I gave France a call back to ask about my little brothers whereabouts since my own brother doesn't have the decency to give me a call once in a while." He squinted at England ever so slightly before finishing, "And now I'm here."

"What? Is that it?" Germany asked.

"There has to be more about what she told you to tell us." Switzerland added.

"Right, well, I don't want to cause a paradox so I guess I can just tell you that she never actually-"

--- MANY YEARS IN THE PAST ---

"Captain!" I cheered as I walked back to the wooden store I left the captain in. In my hands, I held his brand new red coat. He is going to like it!

"Captain?" I called again as I opened the door.

Immediately, I regretted leaving him...

"Captain...?" I asked quietly. I stepped inside the store slowly, I could hear the wooden floor creak obnoxiously with every heavy step I took. I walked to the corner, passing three bent, broken, and scratched swords on display. "Captain, what happened?" I asked as I bet down in front of him.

He had blood all over him. He was not dead. Not hurt. But bloody. But this was not his blood. "I'm sorry." He said quietly.

I moved my hand over to his shoulder gently and slowly so that he wouldn't be startled. As I reached over, he grabbed my arm quickly and pulled me close into a hug. He began crying loudly as if this were the first time he's been allowed to cry.

But shit. Do I pet his back and tell him it's okay? He just got my outfit dirty and quite honestly, I didn't expect him to break down. "What happened?" I asked nervously as I slowly turned to see someone laying unconscious.