41- Aftermath

The Runaways
Chapter 41
Aftermath

--- Lucas's POV ---

I walked around the cage for what seemed like an eternity. I bet this is how _______ felt, but I just didn't want her to get hurt...

I then froze.

How did ________ get out without moving the lock on the door...?

I felt around in the cage, the bars all seemed pretty sturdy, except one of them. This bar was bent enough for me to fit through, this must have been what she did.

I slipped through and quickly ran upstairs to the deck.

There I saw two England's.....?

I blinked a few times. *oh no, never blink!*

One England was fighting France while the other was running with _______, they looked to be running towards the edge of the ship, but he looked completely different.

Behind him, he must not have known he was being followed by a black haired fellow. I pulled my knife out and charged at him. Maybe that was the assassin that France always talked to on our ship. I never met him, I just heard rumours from Johnny... I wonder where he is now...

--- I was going to do Johnny's POV here but then I realised that you would all delete this story from your life and never return because fuck Johnny. Let's go back to Lucas's POV, we aren't done here ---

By the time that I reached ________ and strange England however, he was stabbed but gone...?

I looked around, as did many others, what had just happened?

"You!" I glared over at the black haired dude. My eyes widened for a slight moment. ________ was right, we did look alike.

I angrily swung my knife at him, but he didn't seem afraid. He had his dagger still, but he didn't use it. I think he didn't want to.

"Me?" He laughed.

"What just happened?" I asked him.

"Suits me, but whatever happened, it worked!" He smiled. He turned his back to me and ran to France's side again.

"You better come with us, kiddo, you don't want to stay here for long." He finished as he pointed at the Spanish ship beside this ship. The captain stood on his ship visibly, he looked somewhat intrigued, but didn't move and there was no cannon fire. Maybe they were waiting for France and his men to get to safety first.

"I guess that the one of us who was to die wasn't you either." France sneered towards England. "At least not today. Until next time, I suppose. Au revoir!" He smiled.

I stayed on the same ship as England for a moment. He looked lost and helpless.

"Just go." He commanded. He walked away towards his room and left me standing alone.

"Come back with us, Lucas!" France offered one last time.

I didn't look back at England...