37- Is Broken

The Runaways

Chapter 37

Is Broken

Scotland pulled me back as France was slowly approaching me... Did he somehow recognise me?

No, that would be impossible since we haven't 'met' yet. He was probably just going to kill me and Scotland and England just saved me. After all, I wouldn't be able to bring myself to hurt him.

I mean, yeah, technical I did hurt the 2p's and all, but that doesn't count since I mean in this book and not the first.

"What are you doing?" I shouted at Scotland as he pushed me into England's room. I glared as he closed the door without saying a word.

What? Was France going to be a worthy opponent? If so, I might as well see for myself. Or at least just battle his crew in the background, anything really but I will not be the damsel in distress nor will I continue this internal conflict any longer!

I tried to pull the door open but it didn't seem to budge. Man, I guess that they forgot about something important then.

I looked up at the ceiling, this little escape has so much significance to it. I climbed up like the last time and pulled myself inside. I learnt my lesson the first time. The boards beneath me are mostly sturdy but I have to move quick, who knows what might be happening on deck and from my perspective, I know nothing! I'm not even sure about what I'm going to think or do next!

I pulled myself down from the little passageway and fell down outside of England's room, same as the last time too, but this time, there as a rope tied to the doorknob from the outside and to a pole a little down the hall.

I wouldn't be able to leave without breaking that pole, smart move Scotland.

I have gotten a bit better at sneaking about and fighting so getting to the deck unnoticed was pretty elementary, my dear Watson.

I could hear everyone's damn shouting, seriously, this is really annoying and no wonder any new pirate would be confused as hell, with everyone shouting the same, who knows who is who?

I was now behind a few barrels that were full of rum near the stairs that lead to the rooms. I watched undetected, where was England right now? He's probably on the deck somewhere fighting France though. At least, that's where I saw him a while ago.

Everyone was distracted as they she's blood against each other, so I was able to sneak past almost all of them as I climbed up the stairs that led to the deck that England was on. Dagger in hand, I swung quickly at an approaching French pirate and knocked him down.

England hasn't noticed me yet, or if he did he probably doesn't care. But it's my turn to help out even if it's a little.

Dammit. This internal conflict is going to be the end of me.

Let's spice it up just a bit by saying I had slain hella frogs that day before the French began to retreat.

---

We all caught our breath while Jefferson steered us away from the damaged shipwreck of a one dignified Frenchman.

Crap, I really hope he doesn't hold this against me in the future. And now that I'm living this all, I wonder what he felt like when he saw me again in the future... Spain too, it is somewhat vague but I bet they thought I was just some random look-alike?

"You!" A man shouted on the ship. We were headed to an island that belonged to England so that we could get repairs done on the ship, and so that those who weren't able to work anymore could settle down and be replaced by more able men.