9- Breaking News

The Runaways

Chapter Nine
Breaking News

Alfred drove us back to his house and I ran to the living room, grabbing the remote in one and using the other to jump over the couch, "Wait, Alfred turn your television on! This remote is weird!" I shouted. Alfred ran in after me and attempted to jump over the couch, but failed and ended up on his face, I couldn't help but laugh.

"I'll just go back on the news, I have most of my channels recorded for unspoken reasons." He said. He clicked on the romore a few buttons for a while, by the time I realised, he had pressed play.

"-and in other news, a car was reported stolen just two days ago in Georgia. Police have located it not far from the United States Capitol, in Virginia. The young man and a young woman are shown in the following pictures, they are described to be in their early teens and most likley dangerous."

A picture of Arthur and I popped up, luckily it was a little blurred for the both of us and in black and white. I rolled my eyes, "Dangerous." I muttered. "If you recognise these two, please do not hessitate to call us on the following number." I turned over to Arthur, "At least they don't know our names or what we did to get in this position."

"This just in, the female is reported to go by the name __________ __________. She was also reported as a runaway from the same state, as well as the young man. Police are still not able to identify the young man."

I had to sit down, and ended up sinking into the seat. Seriously, why would my family rat me out? It's not like they even cared about me... I called my dog over and she jumped on my lap, "Don't worry (dog), they'll never find us!" I smiled weakly at her, "And if they do, they'll never catch us... and if they do..."