14- Leaving

The Runaways

Chapter Fourteen

Leaving

I woke up extra early. The sun was shining in through the windows and it illuminated everything. Arthur mentioned that we would be going to England tomorrow, I couldn't wait.

As I headed downstairs, I saw that no one was home, not even Mathew. "Hello?" I called out, there was no response, the house was empty.

As I entered the kitchen, there was a note on the fridge, I took the paper off of the fridge and began to read:

"Hello love! It's me, Arthur Kirkland. I had to write you a letter because you were asleep the rest of the day. Now, I do realise you may be upset. But please, fear not, I will return shortly. You see, my queen called me to England immidietly, I could not wait until tomorrow... Please forgive me. Anyway, Alfred and Mathew came to drop me off at the airport, I will only be away for a week. I'm positive you will be fine, and I will miss you. I'm sorry I left unannounced. Goodbye."

I had to reread it again though, was it really was he said? Was he serious? I ran upstairs and threw out all of my soiled clothing into the floor and only packed what I needed into a small book bag, "(Dog)! I'll be back soon, take care of the house while I'm away! I'm going to kill this bastard when I see him." I frowned and then ran towards Alfred's room and packed some of his clothes. Sure, they are a little bigger but it will do, assuming I didn't wash my clothes and now this was all last minute.

I grabbed another piece of paper and wrote down:

"Arthur you ass."

Then put it on the fridge under his note. I threw the bag over my shoulder and turned towards the door.

I have absolutely no idea how to get to England. Maybe a stowaway but there would need to be a boat. I don't have a boat. Great. I have no idea how to get there, there are people after me, and I am in a different state, so I know absolutely nothing. How hard could it be to find one person? One place?

I grabbed the doorknob and opened it. I took one last look at the house, I could stills see the note on the fridge, it felt so wrong, as if he had betrayed me. He just brought me here, dropped me off and left. Sure he mentioned he had to work but did he really have to just leave me alone, so isolated? I trusted him...

I began walking down the driveway. This was really it, I was leaving.