Chapter 26

(Sorry this is a short chapter.... that is all I have to say ;)

As I fell asleep, I began to think about Sam and Frodo. And that melted into my sixth sense. I had become more acustomed to seeing Sam and Frodo on a day to day basis. Sometime we would talk about the little things, but other times we would talk about our problems. 

I watched from above as Frodo and Sam were pushed into a small cave. They were still tied up by the hands. How long had it been? 3 days that they had been on a walk and never once let loose.?  I felt angered, so angered that I could scream. No person alive should be treated like this, tied up like an animal. I screamed out loud, but no one below would hear me. I watched more intruiged to find out what would happen. My fists balled up. The leader of the group lead them on to the cave. He seemed quite, and never spoke much. But he had the nerve to hurt Frodo, knowing that the Ring had power. I never once saw the face of the strange man that kept Sam and Frodo hostage. But I knew that there was some connection to him and the Fellowship, other than keeping Frodo and Sam. My face went red and I looked down. Sam had changed his attention and looked up. 

"Hello Alice." He thought.

"What? how did you hear me? I did not think to you." I asked.

"I could sense your anger from above and worried." He thought. I was shocked that he could tell that listening to him just by my anger. That really went to show that something was wrong with me. i had been fearing this day. The day that when my anger could be sensed, not just heard.

"Oh...um. How is it going? Is Frodo okay? Is that man hurting you?" I asked. If he was, then there was going to be someway I would take care of him. 

"Err. Mr. Frodo is getting worse and worse. The man is trying to take the ring. He looks familiar. He is not hurting us. But he won't let anyone stop watching us. But thank the lord that Gollum has gone." Sam sounded sad and distressed.

"I am going to see if I can handle that." I looked down at the man. I was going to give Sam that favor I owed him when he saved my life back at the Shire, when I almost fell to my doom.

The strange man leaned over a wooden box and poured over a map. I could barely tell what it said, let alone what the map was of. I prayed that the man was superstitious.

"Let them go..." I thought. But it was a whispered thought, so it would give the effect of maybe a deceased person, a ghost.  The man loked up and around him.

"Hello?" He spoke. The other officers looked around at the man. "Who are you?" His voice squeaked...I watched as the man lifted blankets and questioned the other officers.

"Let them go." I said again. He looked around. "Let the hobbits go!" I raised my voice, hoping to scare him more. The man became frightened and looked around. HE uttered something in a quiet voice. It sounded like a prayer. AS he spoke it, I could feel myself leaving the spot and I was losing sight of Sam and Frodo. I was drifting away. Had the man cast me out with some sort of spell? I became frustrated. I realized I was coming back to the real world. The noise from Sam and Frodo had disappared and I could hear people talking. Small voices...

"Alice....alice....alice...alice....!!!" I heard the small voice repeat my name over and over again. I struggled and opened my eyes. Freda was standing there, looking confused. I sat up and laid on my elbows.

"What is it Freda?" I asked her.

"I can't go to sleep." She whined. She swayed back and forth, looking at me.

"Aww, it's okay. Come here." I waved her towards me and invited her to come and sit with me. She nodded and walked over to the large chair. She clambered in and curled up to me. Then she looked up at me, with her blue eyes and asked, "Why do you sleep with him?" She pointed to Pippin and looked at me.