Chapter 36

As I deamted, Frodo nor Sam could reach me and I couldn't reach them. It worried me slightly. When I couldin't reach them, that meant soemthing might be wrong. 

"Alice. Wake up...Ali." I heard my name being called it wasn't me dream. 

"Pip is that you?" I asked. 

"Yeah, wake up. We are going to Isengard." He told me. I sat up and became completely awake.

"Isengard?"

"Yeah."

"Okay." I roll out of bed and put my boots on. I was acheing to get to Orthanc. I wanted to see wo would have survived. 

"Are you nervous? Pippin asked me. 

"No. Why would I be?" I told him. 

"Because...there still could be someone there." he told me. 

"There won't and if they were, they won't hurt you." I comforted him AS I was lacing up the last boot, there was a knock on the door. "Come in!" I yelled. The door opened and Theoden popped his head in.

"Our hourses are ready." He told us.

"We are on our way." I said cheerily. I grabbed my whip and Pippin pulled his suspenders up and we dashed out the door. 

"Woah! Slow down! We don't want to be too hasty. How about we find Merry? I'm sure he would want to go.." Pip tried to slow us down. 

"Merry is alrady there, son." Theoden chuckled. "Don't fear Orthanc. No one will be there." 

"oh...kay." Pip gave in and knew that there was now ay out.  I rubbed his back and smiled. 

As we walked through the halls and into the Main Hall, I could still smell the remnants of yesterday's dinner. My tomach growled loudly, but luckily no one heard it. I peeked at the table to see if there was any leftover food. Drats,! None. I guess I would have to wait until lunch because it looked like we weren't having breakfast any time soon. We just up and went. 

"Please Everyone on the Isengard Expidition, over here!" Theoden called out. People wandered, not listening to him. 

"Hey! Anyone coming to the Isengard Expidition, get over here!" I stuck my fingers in my mouth and whistled loudly. All of it had gotten their attention. Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, Eomer, Merry and Gandalf all came 'round to Theoden, Pippin and I. Theoden looked at me. "You're welcome." I whispered to him. He nodded sternly. His face was taught . He was not pleased. I found this slightly...funny. 

"Men!....Woman. Th horses are out front. The trip will take a long while, but we will be back by....after lunch." Theoden informed us. We all nodded our heads, acknowledging that we understood. "Now at the moment, we are presuming that there is no one alive , but otherwise, be wary. There could be someone and we need to be aware." Theoden added. We took in the information and once again nodded our heads. 

"We should be on our way now." Gandalf told Theoden. 

"Then let;s head out." He pointe to the already open door. Our group headed out, and there were the horses. They looked healthy and well rested.  There were few. Some people would have to ride together. I immedatily grabbed Pippin's hand and flew down the stairs. We stood next to a hrose that I had chose. It was grey with a pure white mane. A diamond marking trailed down the horse's head. I t was like a rain cloud, at least, the horse looked like one. 

Legolas and Gimli rode together and along with Aragorn and Merry. Everyone one else rode solo. I mounted the horse and Pip wedged himself in teh front. 

"What are you doing?" I asked him. 

He turned in his seat and said, "I ' m guiding the horse. You know, like riding it." I shrugged and held onto his torso.