Dacien 6

In my former life I was a great priest of the temple of Khonsu, the moon God and I was at one point the Pharaoh's most loyal advisor so loyal that when I suggested that he pick his younger son to be his heir he actually considered it, but he died before the decision could be made and the elder brother became the morning and evening star. For a time I was loyal to the new king and despite his age, he was proving me wrong and showing to be a better Pharaoh than his father before him, then I had a vision of the fall of Egypt... stemming from the line of this king. I didn't want this to happen so I called a meeting of the eight temples and told them what I foresaw, I thought they would stand beside me, but I was wrong. The labeled me a traitor and on the night of a blood moon they sent their most skilled warriors to massacre my entire temple with the exception of me and another, my most powerful magician were left standing while they stood around us ready to attack. I embraced death but this one had to live and plan our revenge..... he escaped leaving me to face The Brotherhood, I thought they were going to kill me but what they did was a fate far worse......

"Thinking of the old days?" Jalen said walking over to me and I nodded. "Dacien I've searched for millenniums on end for The Brotherhood but they've always managed to elude me, I'll continue my search but...... what's the deal with the other two?" Jalen said nodding towards Malakai and Hakeem.

"They're apart of our family..... when I was in The Pit they showed me something that I didn't think was possible down there with was kindness." I said watching as Hakeem pulled a sword from thin air and clashed with Malakai.

"If they're such good 'people' then why were they in The Pit, to begin with.... you were sent there because the curse The Brotherhood placed on you but them... they've must've done something horrible." Jalen said and I smirked.

"Hakeem led a revolt against his masters..... they killed his sister and he wanted revenge, so in the dead of night, him and the other slaves staged a coup breaking into the house. Hakeem killed everyone... the masters, his wife, their children and any slave that dared stand against him. Cruel yes... but everything he did was out of the love he held for his sister when we were in The Pit he maintained his sense of self no matter how hard they tried to torture it out of him." I said looking at Hakeem.... he was a rare breed.

"And the infant....." He said referring to Malakai.

"Robbery gone wrong.... he killed someone trying to save his best friend. Then he was murder by that same best friend and though he's been dead only three short years down there it was more like three hundred, I wanted to leave him but Hakeem grew close to that boy and so have I...... he's another that maintained his purity in The Pit." I said watching them train. "Hakeem why don't you give him a break?" I asked and Hakeem nodded.

"And what about you..... Dacien?" Jalen asked quietly.

"Me.... I embraced the horrors I experienced down there fully. I needed to if I am to get my revenge on The Brotherhood of the Pharaoh." I said calmly. "I want their deaths to be marvelous." I said smiling.

"But don't you think that's exactly what they expect you to do? You've been down there for so long that somebody must know your backstory. In fact, that's how they caught you the last two time you escaped, they know you will go searching for them which is why I think you should wait it out and let The Brotherhood come to you." Jalen said and I nodded, he had a point searching for them would be suicide, however, there's nothing wrong with laying a few traps. "I've recovered my strength.... so I'll be able to start the spellwork on your building tomorrow morning." Jalen said and I nodded.

"It's the weekend so it should be empty, you won't be disturbed..... here take this." I said handing him a small amulet. "I've been searching for it since my return, I thought it should be in the hands of it's rightful owner....." I said looking in Jalen's eyes.