Tashawn 17

It was amazing how quickly they were able to set up our temporary base outside of the city, they were able to build a massive house from the ground up in a matter of days and from what Aiden said if need be they could tear it down in an hour, erasing all traces of us ever being there. I still wasn't exactly sure what the purpose of the Brotherhood was but Chosen told me he would explain everything later today, right now he was monitoring Briseis and Walter.... he was extremely pissed about what happened with the angel; Chosen had told them to stand down and they disobeyed his orders, almost killed the angel, and let him get away. So right now Chosen had them counting out a million grains of sand, apparently the hourglass he gave them would fit one million grains of sand exactly anything more and the jar would break and they would have to start over.... that sounded horrible but according to Zenith it wasn't the worse punishment they could be going through.

"So Tashawn.... how did things go with Chosen's brother?" Aiden asked walking over to me while I sat on the porch. I guess the look on my face told him I didn't want to talk about it because Aiden started laughing and put his hand up. "What about that nigga he's working for, Hakeem? Did y'all find anything on him?" Aiden asked and I got pissed all over again, seeing the way Chance kissed that dude.... it was clear to me that Chance was really feeling that nigga and the more I thought about it the more pissed I became because I still loved Chance.

"As far as I can tell the dude is completely normal.... he was born in Mississippi, went to Ole Miss, got a Master's in business, he's very charitable with his money investing in after-school programs in low-income areas, he's even opening a few community centers..... if you ask me he's a little too perfect, and I've come to learn that whenever a person seems perfect they're usually hiding something." I said watching two birds land on the porch. "What is our purpose?" I asked Aiden who seemed to tense up at the question.

"Umm it's kinda complicated..... our mission is to rid the world of supernatural threats, I'm not exactly sure what that means myself exactly.... I mean I've only been a member a few months but we are pretty much like supernatural police officers." Aiden said and I nodded.

"And how are we chosen? Is it like random or is there a greater meaning behind us being selected?" I asked because it was still kinda confusing.

"It's in our blood..... The blood of the Pharaohs, all of our families can be traced back to the dawn of Egypt, each one of us is a descendant of an ancient Pharaoh or a great priest of one of the eight great temples." Nikki said walking outside with Zenith; a few things caught my ear, one she said eight when there were only seven of us here, so did that mean there was another member that I didn't know about? Another thing she said was that all of us had the blood of the Pharaohs inside of us so did that mean that Chance had it too?

"You said eight....." I said and Nikki tensed up.

"We're really not supposed to talk about it, but supposedly there was an eighth member but he betrayed us so he suffered the worse punishment that can ever be bestowed upon one of our own..... Nikki said as if just thinking about it scared her and now I was really curious.

"Tashawn I need to talk to you...... Nikki, Aiden, Zenith I have a mission for y'all I'll discuss the details in an hour, that should give y'all plenty of time to get ready." Chosen said walking outside, even though he seemed cool I could tell that Chosen was still hiding something. I followed him into the house and into his office, Chosen locked the door and sat in his chair. "I want you in here for this meeting...... as my lieutenant, I need you in here just in case........" Before Chosen could finish he was flung against the wall and clawing at his neck. I let my instincts take over and pulled a sword out of thin air, I rushed towards Chosen but was pushed back with the force of a hurricane.