Hakeem 65

I felt more alone than ever; Malakai was dead, Chance left me, and the family that I was building suddenly had to go their separate ways.... I missed my sister Heaven, she was the only person who I felt like I could talk to in this never-ending loneliness I was feeling. Just a few more months and I'd be able to bring her back, but would I want to? Not saying that I didn't miss her like crazy but if what everyone saying was true then we were on the brink of war and I didn't want my sister getting caught up in that mess. I stood looking out of my office window, thinking about the night Dacien, Malakai, and I crawled out of The Pit..... we had a plan and we were supposed to stick to it; revenge for Dacien, life for Malakai, and for myself... I wanted redemption so far we had all failed at those things. This was seriously depressing, I needed to get out; Chance had been trying to show me around the city but I was always too busy, maybe now would be a good opportunity to just enjoy being back amongst the living and see what this city had to offer.... not just the city but the world, I know I'm supposed to start training but I could take a few days to relax.......

"BEAT THAT FAGGOT'S ASS!!!!" Some kids yelled as I walked around a trail at a park, there were about four or five boys beating the fuck out of one kid and even though he was outnumbered, he was still fighting back.... I respected that. I stood off to the side just watching, the responsible thing would be to intervene but there was something about this kid that stopped me. Finally, they got him on the ground and started kicking him, that's when I decided to step in.

"Chill out...." I said calmly and the boys took off running.

"Y'ALL ALL PUSSY!!!" The boy yelled as the kids disappeared across the field. "I didn't need your help." The boy said getting up and dusting himself off, I could tell he wanted to cry but he fought back tears and checked his lip.

"You'll be alright.... what's your name?" I asked and the boy looked at me, there was a fire in his eyes and it finally clicked, this boy reminded me of myself when I was about his age. "So are you going to tell me your name?" I asked.

"Hakeem...." He said and I smiled.

"That's my name too.... well Hakeem, here.... I respect strength but more so I respect courage and you showed me that you have heart." I said handing him a stack of money. "Don't spend it all in one place...." I said winking as I continued my walk.

"That was nice of you....." A voice said and I froze, there weren't too many beings that could sneak up on me and yet this person was able to not only catch me off guard but he also had me a little scared...... "Relax Hakeem, I'm just here to talk." He said and I was trying to figure out who this being was. "Lucifer...." He said almost as if he was reading my mind. "Though, I'm not technically here..... take a walk with me."

"I thought..... I thought you were imprisoned? At least that was the rumor." I asked walking next to him.

"No, I'm in a self-imposed exile, though I've been keeping an eye on things... from a safe distance, of course, mainly I've been watching you. Hakeem do you want to know why I want you to sit on the Throne of Hell?" Lucifer asked and I shook my head. "Of course not, hell was meant to be a prison for the absolute worst.... I want someone to noble to rule though, to judge the lost souls who are unfortunate enough to up there fairly. Despite being a demon, you still have a good heart.... good heart and tarnished soul." Lucifer said.

"Yeah well from what I've been hearing, your children have other ideas.... some want me to rule, while the others prefer Jarek to take control. But I assume you know that, so if I may ask.... why haven't you done anything to stop them?" I asked.

"Because that's not my role.... there are certain things I can't do, there are also things I won't do.... but I'm pulling for you, I want you to succeed Hakeem." Lucifer said. "Jarek..... is powerful, but he's.... let's just say in embodies everything wrong with humans; prideful, greedy, wrathful, envious,..... and all the others. He's too flawed... you on the other hand." Lucifer said smiling.