Chance 55

I was stuck at my job, let me back up... I was completely aware that I was trapped in my own head, I guess in my subconscious mind was how I perceived my psyche or whatever but to make a long story short, I was trapped. To make matters worse I couldn't leave the lobby; the elevators weren't working, the door that leads to outside were locked, and the doors that were supposed to lead to the stairs were nowhere to be found. I guess I was supposed to find something, but I didn't even know what I was supposed to be looking for.... this shyt was pissing me off because every so often outside the doors would show a different scene; a group of wolf-like men fighting people who were throwing balls of lights and different elements, a group of people including Keyonna standing around my sleeping body, and my cousin Cato fighting actual wolves, covered in blood with the biggest smile on his face. The last thing I remember is that dude... no vampire feeding me something and then kissing me, but that wasn't the worst thing he and the rest of the vampires did to me, most of the other stuff I managed to block out... suddenly the doors flew open, Hakeem and Keyonna walked into the building and Hakeem looked different, weaker than he usually did. Keyonna ran over to me and hugged me tightly and I'm not going to lie I was happy to see her.

"Keyonna what the fuck is going on?" I asked because it literally felt like my brain was melting, I still hadn't wrapped my mind around the fact that vampires were real. "Wait how are both of y'all here?" I asked looking at Hakeem who was leaning across the front desk.

"Long story short, I'm a witch, Hakeem is a demon and we're here to rescue you." Keyonna said looking around the front desk for something while I stood there stuck. "Chance we don't have time to explain right now your cousin is outside fighting an army of werewolves who are trying to get inside the house, now this is your mind... what's here that's not supposed to be?" Keyonna asked grabbing my arms. I was still trying to process but Keyonna was right, I looked around the room and there was a poster that I didn't recognize.

"This... I don't remember this poster. PATIENCE is a practice in trust." I said and just then the elevator doors opened. "Looks like we gotta go up." I said walking around Hakeem because I really didn't know how I felt about dating a demon.... OH GOD I FUCKED A DEMON!!!! We all stepped onto the elevator and Hakeem slumped against the hall. "What's wrong with him?" I asked Keyonna who shrugged.

"I'm fine... I just need a second to catch my breath." Hakeem said which was odd because he seemed to be breathing normal. "For what it's worth I never used my powers on you... everything you felt for me was real." Hakeem said and I scoffed at his words, I looked at the panel noticing that instead of the usual forty floors there was only one button... whatever I'm just going to go with it. I pressed the button and the doors opened into what looked to be an Egyptian throne room.

"The Pharaoh has three sons... the eldest refuses to take the throne so the second must be the one to do it." A man said and looking at him he kinda looked like Malakai, while the other man looked like Dacien.

"No... there's something.... he cannot become pharaoh." Dacien said, the sound of laughter filled the halls, as a boy who looked exactly like Chosen did when he was about thirteen ran into the throne room followed by two boys... one about ten and the other..... There was a flash in my head; me, Chosen and a name I couldn't remember playing in the yard... Chosen threw the football and the other one ran out to get it not seeing the car that was coming down the street.......

"Chance we can't stay here." Keyonna said breaking the memory and I noticed that the room was reverting back to the throne room and I wondered if they had....

"Who was that? The other little boy?" Hakeem asked and I guess that answers that question.

"I... I don't know." I said quietly though I felt like I should know. "But Keyonna's right we have to keep moving." I said moving around the throne room until I found some words clearly written in English on the back of the throne. "DILIGENCE is the beginning of brilliance." I read looking at Keyonna and Hakeem. "Well, that's a stu...." The doors opened and I shook my head. We walked through the doors and appeared in a jungle, before I even had time to take in the scenery I was pushed up against a tree, a man's lips attacked my neck... sucking hard while his fingers dug into my thighs.