Chance 42

I gotta admit I was having fun, Rashad and his boys kept me entertained by going in on each other and even though some of these dudes were new... meaning this was my first time seeing them the way they acted around each other you'd assume they were brothers. One of the dudes kept staring at me, his charming smile and playful demeanor were cute but it was like a teenage crush kind of cute.... but I had no interest in him whatsoever because I was obsessed with Hakeem. I don't know what it was about him but Hakeem just... if I didn't know any better I'd swear he was superhuman or something because there was no way his dick should be that good, he was charming, smart, loving, he seemed to always know the right thing to say and he was passionate about his job. But I felt like he was keeping something from me, ever since that crazy person attacked me Hakeem has been on edge and I'm not going to lie I have been too.... To make matters worse my parents were still in town, Chosen was stil hanging around Tashawn and now Cato was in town, I just wanted to get back to my normal life but something told me that wouldn't be happening any time soon.

"Soooo..... Chance you got a man?" Jerome asked I refused to call a grown ass man J-Hood.

"J, that's Hakeem's dude.... chill." Rashad said and the dude seemed to shrink in his seat, he seemed nervous which boggled me because Hakeem wasn't exactly as a threatening type of guy... he was very laid back so it kinda caught me off guard to see a ripple of fear pass through everyone except for Keyonna, Rashad, and Grizz.

"It's cool Rashad... but to answer your question, yes I have a man." I said even though he clearly already knew that. "Speaking of Hakeem I really need to be getting home because it's getting late so Keyonna are you ready to go?" I asked standing up.

"Actually Chance, I kinda want to spend some alone time with my girl so would you be too pissed if I had one of my boys drop you off?" Rashad asked and I thought about it for a second, the only one I was really comfortable with was Grizz since I knew him.

"It's fine Grizz do you mind taking me home?" I asked and he shrugged, I said my goodbyes to Keyonna, Rashad and the rest of them before getting in Grizz's car. A lot of people were afraid of Grizz because he was big and outgoing but I knew he was a big ass teddy bear. "What are you over there smirking for?" I asked as we started driving back towards the city.

"That kid Jerome got a crush on you and it's funny as fuck, Hakeem will kill him if he finds out and I haven't seen a good scrap in a while.... I just hope Hakeem doesn't rough him up too bad because then I'll have to get involved and I don't feel like hurting anyone." Grizz said.

"What makes you think Hakeem is that type of person? As far as I knew he hasn't done anything like that before..... do you know something about him that I don't?" I asked looking at Grizz suspiciously.

"I.... uhh.... nah.... I mean it's just..... that came out wrong..... I'm just talking shyt...." Grizz stuttered, he was a horrible liar and he knew it, so I sat there staring at him until he broke. "Damn quit staring at me like that, after your v.... attack by that crazy ass person Hakeem was pissed, dude got mad and I'm not going to lie it was kinda scary. Dude went on a warpath......" Grizz said and I let that sink in, I had no idea.... I knew Hakeem was pissed but I didn't know he was that upset.

"Oh....." I said quietly, I never realized that Hakeem had that side to him and while it should scare me it actually turned me on a little.

"There's nothing to worry about, Hakeem is a good dude who cares about you deeply. It's just a shame that he wasn't able to catch the dude who attacked you." Grizz said and I sat there staring at him for a second, like I said he was a horrible liar which meant Hakeem HAD found the dude who attacked me.... but what did he do to him when he caught him? "Chance just drop it okay... you really don't want to go down that rabbit hole, there are things that..... things you're not ready to learn." Now, why the fuck would he say that? Now I was even more curious than ever before.