Malakai 23

Hakeem and Dacien still weren't talking over the whole Chance situation, I really hoped Dacien wasn't stupid enough to send a vampire after Chance because that would be fucked up and given Hakeem's history with mass slaughter over the people he cares about Dacien was walking a thin line and we all needed to be on the same page. We had about an hour before the party started and there were already 'people' showing up; on my way up here I met a very touchy vampire that tried to suck my dick in the elevator and I could've sworn I saw two werewolves running a train on a very attractive witch in the hall right next to the vending machines. I fixed my tie and as I stood there looking in the mirror my thoughts drifted to Ezekiel, I wasn't staying at this party for long as soon as I signed the agreement I was going to chill with him for the rest of the weekend. Then my thoughts drifted to Malik, he had called me earlier saying that Trudeaux wanted to meet up with him and I automatically told him not to go but I wasn't sure he would listen......

"Malakai we're getting ready to sign the agreement." Dacien said walking into the room and I could tell he was still pissed about earlier. "Before you ask I swear to.... well I swear on what's left of my soul I didn't have anything to do with what happened to Chance, yeah I wanted a vampire to draw out the Brotherhood but I never intended for Chance to get hurt." Dacien said and I shrugged.

"I'm not the one you need to convince, but for what it's worth Dacien I believe you..... so is Jalen going to be here?" I asked and Dacien's eyes turned dark, last night him and Jalen got into a huge argument and Jalen disappeared without saying a word.

"I don't know..... he wants me to love him but my whole reason for returning from The Pit was to get revenge and until that's complete.... I'm not able to give him the love he deserves.... I wanna love him but after being down there so long..... I'm not sure I can." Dacien said quietly. "Look we should get going, hopefully, he shows up to solidify the agreement with some spell or something." Dacien said and we walked out the room.

"Gentlemen.... and Queens....." Hakeem said shooting François a death look. "First off I wanna say thank you all from coming, now I know some of you have had your differences in the past but the threat we face now is far greater than any one person in this room..... by joining together we would be able to thrive in this world." Hakeem said sounding like a politician.

"What's in it for us? I mean my faction is thriving as it is.... the werewolves have been thriving since we signed that treaty with The Brotherhood so what do you have to offer us." Xander said and I could see Hakeem getting angry.

"Xander it was already explained to you.... your people are suffering, well most of them except for your inner circle are living in caves in the mountains, with us you'll be living in mansions, not huts......" I said looking at him and he gave me an evil smirked.

"I'm going to sign it, my people have suffered for too long..... we were once worshipped in ancient cultures and now we're reduced nothing but a gimmick in a Disney movie... though a good one." Jinn said picking up a knife and cutting his hand, the blood spilled into the paper, I watched as the blood started moving into a bunch of weird shaped before glowing bright red and then transforming into Jinn's name.

"Dacien we go way back..... and Hakeem, Malakai y'all seemed extremely loyal and us Phoenixes are all about loyalty." Leonidas said standing up and cutting his hand as well, one by one everyone went around and signed the agreement in blood until we got to Xander.

"Xander are you in or out?" Dacien asked and he sat there for a second before standing up and cut his hand, bleeding on the paper and there was a brief second where the corners of Hakeem's lips turned up. Jalen walked over and said some words that sounded like a church woman catching the holy ghost before the paper burned into ash.