Chance 60

I don't know what happened.... but I was starting to remember, the craziest thing is I don't even remember forgetting, how do you just forget that you had a younger brother? It's not like it was a memory that faded away, like the sound of his voice or the features of his face.... no, I had completely forgotten about him and I knew my dad was responsible for me and Chosen to forget about our brother. If Chosen was angry he didn't show it, he sat there calmly thinking while Hakeem paced around..... I couldn't read minds but I knew Hakeem was thinking about everything that happened the previous night; the battle, the loss of Malakai and Ezekiel, while Chosen was thinking about our lost memories. I was still trying to wrap my head around everything, I barely got any sleep last night, it was like I had been tossed into a world that I didn't recognize. I couldn't even look Keyonna in the eyes because I was angry that she had been lying to me as well.... so far the only person who had been real with me was Tashawn, which sucked because Chosen made him and the rest of the Brotherhood leave. As we all sat around quietly, the front door opened and Jalen walked in, not a few seconds later Cato walked in from the back, and though I wasn't the most perceptive person it was clear that they were together but trying to make it seem like they weren't.

"Where have you been?" Dacien asked as Jalen sat down on the couch, I glanced over at Cato who stifled a yawn, but I also noticed that sly, satisfied smirk on his face.

"I went looking for the wolves... unlike you, I believe in diplomacy and after giving it some thought, I think it's time that we move on with the coup d'etat. Xander obviously can't be trusted and Rashad..... well he's our best chance at having another army. Speaking of which have you spoken to the whore?" Jalen asked I felt a cold chill go down my spine. Dacien glance in my direction and I knew with a jolt that Jalen was referring to the vampires.... without waiting to hear the rest of it, I got up and walked out the room.

"Chance...." Hakeem said from behind me and I turned to face him. He was still as sexy as ever and yet..... "You don't have to be afraid Chance, I would never hurt you."

"Hakeem right now I'm too tired to talk.... I just wanna go home and sleep. We can talk when I'm not exhausted and when you look like you can walk more than three steps without falling over." I said faking a smile, Hakeem looked at me for a second and nodded. Once he was back in the living room, I walked around the big ass house trying to find somewhere quiet, somewhere that I could just sit down and think, my first problem was how was I going to get home since I was certain my car wasn't here.

"Hey Boo...." Keyonna said sitting next to me and even though I was mad at her for all the lies, seeing her brought me comfort. "I know this is all crazy.... but once you've been around it for a while everything starts to seem.... I guess normal." Keyonna said.

"Keyonna, I've been around all this sh.... stuff my entire life and I never really knew about it, I don't see how any of this will ever seem normal...." I said shaking my head. "My dad and brother are the leaders of some secret society for Egyptian Gods, my cousin is an Aztec God, my boyfriend is a demon, best friend is a witch, and......." I felt myself starting to hyperventilate until Keyonna put her hand on my shoulder.

"Chance, my father was a witch and my mother was mortal.... I guess you can say. They were murdered and my grandparents raised me, all my life they kept that from me and I just found out about it recently." Keyonna said quietly. "I know exactly what you're feeling, my fiancee is a lycan, and I just met my kids from the future..... trust me it all seems weird now but you're tough if anyone can adjust to this new lifestyle it's you." Keyonna said.

"Maybe but it's still a lot....." I said quietly.

"Fuck that shyt Chance let's talk about some stuff you'd definitely understand.... like your cousin and Jalen." Keyonna said smirking and I couldn't help but laugh. "They were so damn obvious... like it wasn't even subtle." Keyonna said laughing.