Ezekiel 9

Let's get one thing perfectly clear, I didn't fall from grace..... I'm not a fallen angel, I'm nothing like The Morningstar; however, I did leave.... my Father gave all his creations free will and I wanted to look upon his 'greatest' work with my own eyes, searching for what he saw in these flawed creatures. In my time on this backwater planet I have yet to see the good he spoke of in humanity, he has other planets with other beings that we much more interesting than these ones but he seemed to love them the most. I looked down at my hands and shook my head, this mortal body was recovering slower than I would like.... I was tired, I was hungry, and above all I missed home, but I couldn't go back just yet and I couldn't stop moving. The Brotherhood of The Pharaoh.... when I recovered my full strength what I had planned for them would make happened to Lot's wife look like a friendly prank..... I moved through the city looking for a place to rest, I probably should've stayed in the hospital but I knew they would find me.... they always found me.

"Ezekiel....." Someone said and I realized it was the woman who was in the vehicle that hit me, I was tempted to smite this woman but she had shown me kindness while I was injured. She and her mate had visited me every day, which let me know that maybe there was some good in the world. "I'm so sorry for what happened..... I've been extremely worried about you." She said and I smirked, this woman had magic in her voice though I could tell she was untrained and unaware.

"It's fine.... no damage was done." I said looking at her and her mate. "But if you really want to repay me then tell me your names." I said looking at them.

"I'm Keyonna....." The woman said. "Rashad." The man said looking at me. "Look bruh it was my fault.... let me at least get you something to eat." Rashad said still staring at me.

"Very well....." I said following them into a McDonalds.... since coming to Earth I've grown to really enjoy these McFlurries, even though most of the time the machines were broken. I ate in silence while Rashad continuously whispered in the woman's ear.... they didn't know this but I could hear every single word. "I'm not homeless......" I said looking at them.

"My bad bruh... it's just you look like you haven't sleep and you just got that look of someone who is lost. Look I got a little apartment above my shop if you want somewhere to rest....." Rashad said.

"Why are you being so nice to me?" I asked looking at the suspiciously. "You must want something." I said feeling my hand starting to tingle, the fires of heaven waiting to be summoned.

"Ezekiel.... not everybody wants something from you, some people are just good people." Keyonna said sliding a card across the table. "If you reconsider here's the address, baby let's go." She said as the got up from the table. I sat there watching them walk out the restaurant then watched them start kissing as if no one was watching

"Not since Romeo and Juliet.... have I felt a love so powerful, I would even go as far as to say their love might even be more powerful. It's sad really because a love like that always ends in tragedy...." A voice said from behind me and I didn't need to turn around to know that it was my older brother, one of the oldest beings in all of creation; The Archangel Gabriel. "Hello, Ezekiel....." He said sitting down and I realized that time was standing still.

"I don't know brother.... Bonnie and Clyde were pretty interesting." I said smirking. "So what brings you down here..... come to drag me back home?" I asked hoping that wasn't the case.

"Nothing of the sort brother..... we were instructed by Father to let you find your own way home. The reason I'm here is because of the vision our sister had..... one of you, falling in love." He said reaching across the table and grabbing some of my French Fries. "Such a marvelous invention....." He said shoving them into his mouth. "Well that's all I wanted.... enjoy your field trip, Zeek....." Gabriel said standing up.