Jalen 45

Obviously this was a trap, I mean when you sat back and looked at the bigger picture you could see that the threads of fate were being pulled from multiple directions. Take Tashawn for example; the reason he called Hakeem is because, he was expecting Hakeem to burst into the vampire's nest, hurling fireballs and ultimately revealing the truth. On the other side, it was clear that François was planning on using Chance as a bargaining chip; he was a massive hoe and didn't hide the fact that he wanted to get tag teamed by Dacien and Hakeem... okay maybe I'm reaching but I wouldn't put it past his hoe as. However, there was a third option that no one else was considering.... that option being that there was someone else in the shadows pulling the strings and that person was Jarek. The vampires HAD to know that Chance was Hakeem's dude and even if they didn't they would've found out quickly once François saw him, he would've known that Hakeem would go on a rampage killing every single vampire that stood between him and Chance and yet François seemed unbothered by Hakeem's threats. I just had this gut feeling that Jarek was trying to force Chosen and the rest of the Brotherhood out of hiding so he could complete his ritual... I could be wrong but I doubt it.

"Hakeem, you and I both know you won't kill me, or rather you CAN'T... I've read over that contract thoroughly and nowhere does it state that Chance is off limits and also the contract states that we will not declare war on each other... it was signed in blood making it binding and if you're not sure what happens when you break a blood contract ask Jalen." François said smiling because he was a hundred percent correct in his analysis.

"What exactly do you want François? Obviously you want something otherwise you would've given Chance back already." I said while Hakeem burned his handprints into the granite tabletop.

"I want a baby.... Keyonna's baby to be exact. You know through all my centuries of life I've never had a child of my own and the baby between a sexy ass lycan and a powerful witch.... think of the possibiities." François said as if he was already thinking of ways to use the child to his advantage. "Beside sis is having two.... it's not like she'll even notice one is missing." François said waving dismissively.

"No....." Hakeem said flatly and François was taken aback by his quick answer. "Those children are of my bloodline through Rashad, there's no way in hell I'll let y'all anywhere near them." Hakeem said his eyes glowing maliciously.

"I'll give you some time to think about it.... in the meantime I'll continue having fun with Chance, his blood.... there's something special about his blood, I can't get enough of it. Toddles." François said getting up and walking out of the room.

"I say we cut our loses.... I mean if we go in there and kill every vamp in the room we'll be exposing ourselves as well as breaking a magical contract which would be infinitely worse than we could imagine.... it would be a fate worse than death. One of the kids is off the table.... our only options are to either let the Brotherhood handle it and risk them being capture which would be playing into Jarek's hands or we do nothing and Hakeem ends up with a vampire boyfriend... which wouldn't be too bad when you sit back and think about it....." Dacien was about to say something else but Hakeem jumped across the table and ripped out his jaw which grew back quickly but it looked extremely painful.

"Not another word from you..... we're not leaving Chance and we're not going to risk raising the Seven Deadly Sins." Hakeem said quietly. "There's only one option...." He said glancing at Malakai who had been focusing on a fidget spinner the entire meeting.

"Ezekiel.... he's not bound by the contract he's a free agent of sorts. But in order for him to take out the entire coven, it would require him to tap into the powers of the Host of Heaven and from what I understand he's been off the grid from his winged siblings...." I said looking at Malakai who suddenly seemed interested in the conversation.