Malakai 18

Jalen seemed to be taking his time with healing Ezekiel and he seemed to be growing irritated with my constant asking what's taking so long but I think what pissed him off the most was lying to Dacien. That's something I didn't understand, why would Jalen lie for me, I mean I was certain he knew exactly what Ezekiel really was but when Dacien asked he covered for me..... Since meeting him Jalen has had no problem letting me know what he thought about me and yet.... maybe on the inside he wasn't as mean as he let off. I sat quietly in the corner of the room while Jalen did his thing and thought about Malik; seeing my little bro always hurt because I could never speak to him but at the same time I couldn't stay away. We were always a close family and when I died, I knew it really hurt them...... maybe I should sneak by to check on them and make sure they were settling into their new place alright and then cut them off because Dacien and Hakeem were right I was putting them in a lot of danger by constantly visiting them.

"He should be up later tonight...... I suggest you not be here when he does, I'm positive he'll remember exactly what you are and if I remember anything about angels then he'll show no mercy upon seeing you." Jalen said standing up and stumbling a little bit, I rushed over to help him but he waved me off. "I'm fine.... angels are a lot harder to heal than any other being, their biology is so complex that it takes a lot out of me." Jalen said.

"Why are you helping me? I'm not complaining but I know you and Dacien go back to the Stone Ages or something like that but you still covered for me...." I asked looking at Jalen.

"Because.... you're young, and I didn't want your mistake to cost you your life. If Dacien finds out that he's an angel more likely than not he's going to kill him and you....... but there's another reason why I haven't told Dacien. I can tell by these wounds that this angel... Ezekiel has had a run-in with the Brotherhood and maybe he could lead us to them, or better yet help us take them out." Jalen said and I rolled my eyes, it was always about revenge with him and Dacien, when were they going to sit back and enjoy life.

"Well, I gotta get back to work..... call me if he wakes up." I said I was choosing to ignore that part about staying away because.... I don't know there was a weird connection I felt between myself and Ezekiel that I couldn't shake. I drove back to work and walked inside the building, like always everyone was happy to see me; I was the 'fun boss', the one that would go down to the break room and start a game of spades or even throw a random party in the middle of the day, I'm pretty sure they were afraid of Dacien and with Hakeem whenever he walked into a room most of the women swooned and most of the men began questioning their sexuality.

"Malakai thank God you're here..... we had a little situation, some kid name Malik came here demanding to speak to you. He claims to be your brother but Rock wouldn't let him in the building, from what I understand he was still outside walking around the building." My assistant Carrie said, I really hoped that Dacien's golem didn't hurt my brother because I would be pissed.

"Umm.... aight look I'm about to go look for him. If Dacien asks where I'm at I trust you to cover for me." I said and Carrie started smiling, I knew she wanted my dick but unlike Hakeem, I didn't fuck my employees. I left out the building quickly and saw Malik turning the corner, looks like we had just missed each other as I was walking in; I chased after him and saw him getting into my old car and smiled.... I wanted to say something to him but knew I couldn't so I started to turn around and walk back to the building.

"I know what Tru did to you Malakai......" Malik said and I turned around. "I also know you tried to erase my memory." He said quietly and I knew there was no point in denying it now. A few minutes later me and Malik were sitting in my office, Malik was walking around in awe and I was wondering what he was thinking. "I'm thinking about a lot of things.... like how are you still here, what the hell happened to your face, why haven't you been to see mom yet?" Malik said and I sat there in confused as to how he knew what I was thinking. "I guess you fucked up when you tried to erase my memory." Malik said smirking.