The Box-Office Duel

I went on my room and cried silently because she might hear me next door.

I sat on the floor, my back was pressed against the wall. I put my head in my knees and sobbed.

I want things to return back to normal. The sarcastic but supportive Hayley. I miss the time when she sacrificed not to attend to her company and chose to teach me how to use the suit. I miss the time when she first teased me back in Paris. I miss the time when she announced me in the microphone in the Iron Man shooting. I miss the time when she will pop out, out of nowhere and will start on teasing me. I miss the time when I heard her say that she will talk with french accent if i'll kiss her. I miss the time when she'll look at me in the eyes. I miss the time when she apologized to me on text because there's been an important meeting. I miss the time when I first saw her laugh. I miss the time when I kissed her neck and grabbed her waist. I miss the time when we almost kissed. I miss her silly little bag of teasing tricks.

Tears aren't slowing down in my eyes. It keeps on pouring and pouring. My chest feels so heavy now. I want to kneel in front of her and beg her to forgive me even if I didn't do anything wrong.

Hours have passed and my eyes feels so sore now. Dry tears are in my face. I'm dehydrated, I need water. So I stood up and crept downstairs. I don't want her to see me like this. I went to the kitchen and I saw a glass of water with ice was already on the kitchen island with a note on it.

'You need water. Drink this and i'll be back in an hour.'

I smiled when I read the note that she wrote. I tear fell on my eye. I was so happy. I will keep this piece of paper forever. The pain I felt hours ago was lessen. I drank the water that she prepared. I washed my face before going back to my room. Her Husky puppy came running towards me. I greeted him and carried him upstairs. I took the note with me and kept it in my bag. I felt so tired and weak so I went to sleep with her dog laid next to me.

I woke up a few hours later. I saw in the big glass window that it's already dark. I checked the time '8:21pm' and i'm so hungry. So I went downstairs again leaving Tony behind.

I saw her four best friends sitting on the living room.

"She wants to give this to you." Allison said and handed me a Subway sandwich.

"Thank you. Where is she?" I started to eat.

"Went on the gate to sign autographs and take pictures with her fans." Lauren answered."

"So... Looks like you're having a bit of a trouble here?" Taylor asked mockingly.

I started to eat the Subway that Hayley gave me.

"Wait, wait wait. This'll be a great story so let's grab some beers and go to the spot first. Stark can follow us later." Lauren said and she went to the kitchen.

They all went to the kitchen to grab beers and food. I followed them until we reached the very side of the mountain where I cried earlier today. It's dark now so the lights on houses and building are all lit up. It looks more beautiful now. We all sat on the grass and opened our beers.

"Begin, Robert." Allison gestured.

"How did you guys know that?" I asked curiously.

"Stark's our best friend. Of course she will tell us everything." Archie said.

"She's so cold to me now. Why is she doing that? She acts like I don't even exist at all. She shows no signs of pity. And why is she mad at me? All I did was went here without her permission." I started.

Her friends started to chuckle. Taylor patted me on the back while smirking.

"You just got owned, bro." Taylor said.