Greatest Blessing

ROBERT'S POV

I watched my mom prepare dinner. Hayley and I had to put all of our movies on hold because of Zion.

Archie already started to paint Zion's room in my house and it was partially done. We both agreed that the bedsheets will just be plain blue to escape further arguments. My dad bought Zion a feeding chair while my bought him a stroller.

I was so excited for him to come out. It's like I would piss myself because of happiness if my baby's already born. I can't wait to carry him around the house and play with him. I can't wait to be a daddy.

"Bobby, make sure that Hayley is eating right amount of vegetables, okay?" My mom requested.

I tried to grab one of the chicken wings she already cooked but she slapped my hand with a spatula.

"Aw! What the- mom!" I exclaimed and move my hand away from the plate.

"I'm not yet done cooking. Table manners, Bobby." She exclaimed and moved away scarily.

My hand started to sting so I just decided to watch TV in the living room with Allyson. She went here too.

"How's it going with Zion?" Allyson asked when I sat next to her in the sofa.

"He's fine, sis. Hayley's complaining about his kickings. She told me that it was weird." I said.

"I bought clothes for Zion. I'll just drop them to your house." My sister smiled and pinched my cheek.

I was amazed because she likes Hayley now. (After Hayley finally stood up to her) She even reminds me to sing songs for Zion before Hayley and I will go to sleep.

Hayley finally arrived and I ran towards her like a puppy dog that's so excited to see his owner again.

"Hi, gorgeous." I chirped and pecked her lips.

"Hello, baby." She greeted back.

Hayley walked to the kitchen to greet my mom. Something is bothering her. I can see it through her eyes. She looks startled but she's just trying to hide it. There are tiny beads of sweat on her forehead and kept on gulping.

"Hey." My sister and Hayley just simply said to each other.

"Bobby, dinner's ready!" My mom called so I went to the dining table.

"Is there something wrong?" I whispered as I sat next to Hayley.

She looked at me and her hands are starting to shake nervously. I held it tight.

"Babe? Are you okay?" I whispered again.

She nodded and looked away from me. We started to eat but I kept on glancing worriedly at her. Her fingers were trembling and the angry vein on her temple is visible. I can't tell if she's angry or nervous.

"So Hayley, how's your company doing?" My mom started the conversation.

Hayley looked up at her looking perplexed.

"Wha..... I..... Uh.... i-it's fine, mom. Just uh, i-it's splendid." She stuttered.

"Zion is completely tiring you out. Why don't you just take a rest and just leave everything to your C.O.O?" My mom asked.

"Well, uhm. I... I can't, mom. I need to... like you know, fulfill my duties." Hayley answered.

"You must a be great CEO." Allyson smiled to Hayley.

I was so impressed that she was trying to make peace with Hayley.

"Ye- uh, n- well, maybe." She stuttered again.