XLIV

Kim Seokjin POV

I grabbed my coat before exiting into the chilly courtyard. Frost had bitten the grass and everything around it. It wasn't usually this cold, and I wondered why. I shook the cold away before walking into the garden. I slowly made my way to through the flowers but the Roses had caught my eye. Unlike the rest of the flowers, the Roses were bright and alive when everything else was wilting because of the cold. I stared at the flowers, trying to conjure up a reason on why the Roses hadn't died.

"Peculiar isn't it?" A voice said and I turned to Jungkook, who was walking to me. I nodded and he laughed lightly. "I wish I could tell you why they haven't wilted, but I don't know." He said and I sighed in defeat. Jungkook made his way to me, and looked up at the sky. "Do you know why the sky is all gloom an doom? it's never like this." I asked and he tilted his head. "Taehyung controls the weather. But because he's been so busy, it's just been based on his emotions." He said and I looked down. "So if it's all gloom and doom, then Taehyung himself is all gloom and doom?" I said and Jungkook nodded. "Why is he all gloom and doom? Do you know?" I asked and he sighed. "I found out that he had planned our meeting then was originally planning to kill me. We got in a bit of a fight." He said and I looked at him. I felt guilty, he must not know I was part of the plan, a key to it at that. I didn't want him to be mad at me also, so I must try to convince him to forgive Taehyung.

"I mean, he didn't kill you though did he?" I said and he sighed. "He didn't, but the fact that he was going to. It makes me wonder what else he could be hiding." He said, fiddling with his thumbs. "Jungkook, you know he cares about you, he saved your ass from those angels didn't he?" I said and he groaned. "Yes, but now I'm starting to wonder if I would be better off if he hadn't." He said and I gave him a whack on the head. "Shut up Jungkook. You sound out of your mind. He hasn't hurt you at all, he's basically made your life a lot better and he clearly loves you. I know for a fact that if you break his heart like and don't forgive him, you'll regret it for the rest of your immortal life. That's a long time of being in gloom and doom if you ask me." I said and he sighed rubbing the back of his head. "I'm sorry Jin, I just don't know what exactly to do. I want to forgive him, but I don't think I'm ready. I mean, a lot has happened in such a small period of time." He said and I nodded understanding. "I get you there. It's weird not being at school and living here, I kinda miss my family and friends." I said but Jungkook paused. "I never knew anyone at school. I never knew my family either." He said and I suddenly felt guilty for saying what I had said. I had everything that Jungkook didn't, but here I was complaining. "I'm sorry Jungkook. Do you remember anything about your family?" I asked and he sighed. "We were close at first, I thought they loved me more than anything. We would go on picnics and long car rides just for fun, they even took me to Busan for my fifth birthday. But it didn't last long. It all makes sense now, but I didn't get it when it happened. As I got older my parents got more stressed and worried and our family started to fall and apart. So, they stopped caring about me after a bit. I was on my own." He said and I patted him on the back. He didn't seem extremely upset about it, which worried me even more than I already was. "I'm guessing my parents had to keep it in silence that I was ever born. The Garrison must've found out, which is why we moved but they already had put tabs on me. That's why when I went missing, Min Yoongi went out to find me immediately. But the woods were protected somehow. I still don't know how we were found." He said shuffling his feet and we went into silence. "Jungkook do you think me and Joon should've brought you back to your house after the party on Halloween?" I suddenly asked and he looked up at me. "Surprisingly, no. Taehyung and me were supposed to meet, planned or not. We would meet again one way or another, no matter what happens. That's just how destiny works Jin." He said and a wave of relief washed through me. I sighed and we were met again with silence, but this time more peaceful. There wasn't anything else in this silence, no birds or wind, just silence. This silence was unnerving and uncomfortable, but also welcoming and lovely. So there we were, in complete silence. Letting our minds speak for themselves.

"Jin, Namjoon has requested you in the throne room." A guard called out and I frowned. I wish could stay out longer, I wish I could wander in the garden forever, but I couldn't. So I said goodbye to Jungkook, before meeting the guard inside.
"A bit chilly outside isn't it?" The guard asked and I nodded as we walked down the hallway. "Chilly but peaceful. Weather is a lot different here from what I'm used to." I said and he laughed. "Weather here had been the same for as long as I can remember until today." He said and I nodded as we continued down the hall. As we walked, I took off my coat and gave it to the guard to put in our sleeping quarters. I gave him a thank you before entering the throne room.
"Jin you made it." Namjoon said and I smiled before walking to where he sat. I stood waiting for him that do something, but he just stared as I got close to him. "Namjoon, is there anything you want from me?" I asked quietly and he smiled. "Well, we are starting to make it plans for announcing Taehyung's return and that usually includes a ball. Can you dance, and more specificity Waltz?" He asked and I shook my head. At Taehyung's party, we just talked quietly and didn't dance. "Well, time to learn." He said standing up and I stepped back. "Wait, you can dance?" I asked and he gave a gentle laugh. "Of course I can, all Nobles are to learn at a young age." He said and I smiled. "I can't dance Joon, I wish you luck at attempting to teach me to Waltz." I said and he winked before grabbing onto me.

"It's like a square. Just follow me. We'll be dancing together for basically the whole night anyways, so we just to be in step with each other." Namjoon said adjusting our position. "First, step back." He said and I did so. "Other foot." He added, and I blushed before stepping back with the right foot. We then went side ways and foreword. Namjoon knew exactly what he was doing, and I was the exact opposite.
     "You're getting it. Try not to seem so awkward and remember it's in a 3/4 count." He added and I nodded. We continued, and eventually Joon added in twirls as we moved our way around the room. "I'm going to call in some music players." Joon said before waving at one of the guards. They left and we continued.
     I knew people were slowly entering but we kept practicing. A slight burn hit my feet, but we had to look good so I didn't care. Eventually I began to hear instruments being played and we moved with the music. Everything began to fall in place and both of us could feel it. Eventually at the crescendo, Joon picked me up and spun me. I Felt like I was truly flying, and it was beautiful. We kept going, and to end the song Joon spun me then dipped me.
      The whole room went silent and you could only hear our heavy breathing. I saw sweat drip down Namjoon's face and I wiped it off with the sleeve shirt of my shirt. He lifted me up and once he let go I fell to the floor. I laughed and unbuttoned the top of my shirt. "I feel like that wasn't very intense it I'm actually dying right now." I said and he laughed. "Well I mean, you did pretty damn well for the first time. We'll be the best in the house when the time comes." He said and I smiled. "I feel kinda guilty for dragging in all these musicians for one song though." I said looking over to the musicians that weren't paying any attention. "They were coming in to practice anyway. It's no big deal." He said before extending and arm so I could pull myself up. I did so, then hugged Namjoon tightly. "I'm going to riot if we aren't the best." I said and he laughed. "I know Jin. Now we should leave them to practice and get ready for dinner." Namjoon said and I nodded. "Yeah but I want to keep going." I said and he frowned. "I know, but we should freshen up after sweating that much." He said and I nodded, giving in. "I guess you're right. Let's go." I said before taking Joon's hand and leading him outside.

~~~~~~
Hey guys! Sorry for not uploading on Sunday, I was just busy and forgot about it. That's all for now though, I hope you enjoyed!
                - e.s