Chapter 41

Chapter 41

Laura's POV

​​I said goodbye to Debbie and Victoria, making my way to Liam's apartment on the top floor when I got a call. "Hey mom," I answered immediately, realizing I hadn't talked to her in weeks.

​​"You promised you would call, I was getting worried." She said in a stern voice.

​​"Mom I'm not 13 anymore," I laughed at her being so dramatic.

​​"It doesn't matter I am still your mother." She replied. I sighed as I unlocked the door to the apartment. I had my phone wedged between my shoulder and my head, my bags in hand as I walked in only half listening to my mother rant on. I noticed Liam sitting on the couch and I silently mouthed Hi before returning to the conversation when she asked, "So who is this boy?"

​​"His name is Liam," I smiled at him when he looked over at me as I said his name.

"And is he well off? What does he do? Laura you need to think about these things now." She lectured and I sighed again. This is why I don't talk to her often.

"Yes mom I know, he is very well off and he is in a band." I put my stuff in our room before heading back to the couch.

"Who are you talking to?" He mouthed as I sat down next to him.

"My mom," I whispered.

"A band?! That won't work out." My mom went to college for singing but only got as far as a state choir, she doesn't believe in dreams coming true and I guess that's why I never told her I could sing either...

"Mom it already did." I told her, getting pissed off now. "He is in One Direction."

"No, you are kidding." She blew me off. "Come on that band is everywhere."

"I know mom," I sighed looking over at Liam who was listening into our conversation, a worried expression on his face.

"Laura you are setting yourself up for disappointment, don't trust him."

"Wow thanks," I rolled my eyes. "How about a 'hey I'm so happy for you! I'm glad we got a chance to catch up!"

"Let me talk to her," Liam said suddenly, his hand held out waiting for the phone.

"You sure?" I asked, putting my hand on the speaker. He nodded so I spoke back into the phone. "Mom I'm with him now."

"Hi Mrs. Hoelsher," he started, grabbing the phone from me. My mom sounded surprised on the other line, complementing him on his accent which made me laugh. He talked to her for a while actually; he really can turn on the charm.

They talked about his band, plans and his family, what I heard. After some time I got up to do the dishes still waiting from this morning. I didn't know he finished when he snuck up behind me, "Well that was a nice talk."

"Yeah well you didn't have to live with her for 17 years. Every word I said to her she thought was offensive in some way." I laughed recalling all of the stupid and pointless arguments we got into.

"She is very intelligent." He nodded. "And worried about you."

"How so?" I turned to him now interested.

"She doesn't trust me, and she told me so." He laughed.

"That's my mom! It's okay though I don't care what she thinks, she has trust issues."

"So do you." He got serious now, looking me in the eye.

"Well not as bad as her," I broke the tension, walking over to the bedroom.