Chapter 43

Chapter 43

Laura's POV

​I woke up to Liam's cell phone ringing on the nightstand; he has been getting a lot of those lately. I groaned, flipping over, trying to fall asleep again. Liam sat up, and rummaged around the table until he found his phone. He answered the call, stopping the shrill ringer and he mumbled hello. The person on the other end said a few words and Liam got up immediately, walking into the living room now talking louder and he shut the door to the bedroom behind him. I looked over at the beside clock, now more alert. It read 5:45 on a Saturday morning. The boys were leaving on Monday for a week but it was okay. We had enrolled in our new classes yesterday and I will be very busy catching up in my studies because it was mid semester.

I waited up until Liam came back which was a good ten minutes but when the door finally opened I shut my eyes quickly, pretending to sleep. He crawled back into bed quietly, wrapping his arms around me. "Sorry," he whispered. I didn't respond because I was 'sleeping'. "Laura you are not a good fake sleeper," he chuckled, making me smile even though I tried fighting it back.

"Who was it," I asked, still groggy so I didn't open my eyes.

"The contractor guy for your apartment," he hummed into my ear, making me shiver. "Just an update."

"At 5 in the morning?" I groaned, turning over to look at him.

"Well technically its 6," he looked over my head to the clock.

"Whatever it's too early." I rolled my eyes.

"Then go back to bed babe," he reached up and started stroking my hair, making me drift off again.

Three hours later...

Victoria's POV

​"Can we go now?" I stood by the door, jumping up and down.

​"In just a minute," Harry laughed, tying up his Converse on the couch.

​I threw my head back in exasperation before opening up the door and now stood in the open doorway. "Debbie and Louis are already there!"

​"Hey it is not my fault they got up earlier than us," he looked up from his shoes to point at me accusingly.

​"Keep tying!" I yelled, trying to hurry him up. He did as told, tying the last knot and standing up to walk over. I started down the hall fast, pressing the elevator button when I got there and looked back at Harry walking casually. "Better hurry!" I yelled playfully, getting into the now open elevator.

He started sprinting to catch up, barely sliding before it shut its door with no help from me. "Mean," he said after he caught his breath. I responded by flashing a triumphant smile, saying nothing more.

Debbie's POV

​"Where are they?" Laura whined from Liam's lap. We were all ready to go but of course Harry and Victoria would be late.

​"She texted me like five minutes ago saying they were leaving," I shrugged, tapping my foot eagerly by the door.

​"Somebody excited?" Liam asked Laura but we both turned to him at once screaming "YES."

Then the door opened, almost slamming me in the face if I hadn't stepped back. "We are here!" Victoria shouted, stepping inside.

"Let's go!" Laura jumped up from Liam's lap and he chuckled as he exchanged looks with Louis who was now holding the door for everybody. Laura, Liam, Harry, Louis, Victoria, and I rode the elevator down to the lobby, going the back way to the SUV. After thoroughly debating we made Harry drive. He drove through now familiar streets and we knew were close when he passed the University. I was jumping in my seat, holding Louis' hand tightly the whole way until we pulled into a small apartment building lot only a few blocks from our school.