Epilouge

Epilogue

Laura's POV

1 year later

"The deadline is in 3 days!" I chewed on my pen and readjusted the phone wedged between my ear and my shoulder. Somebody knocked on my glass door and I waved them in. "Look Bonny, the fabric needs to be on my desk by Wednesday morning. I'm giving you a break here!" I hung up the phone and sighed heavily, signing the rest of the files on my desk and setting them aside.

"Busy morning?" My assistant Beth asked, setting a cup of coffee on my desk. When I first started this job it was a little awkward between me and her because she was older than me and I out ranked her, but now we get along fine.

"Yes." I took a sip. "Alright hit me."

Beth flipped open her calendar. "Conference call discussing the distribution of the fall issue at 1, Kelly wants you to step in and help with the model auditions at 2, front page layout design approval with Caleb at 2:45, staff meeting at 3:30 and Anne wants you to stop by her office before you leave today. In between all that you need to go over these contracts and approve them."

"Write that all down for me please."

Beth handed me a neat post it note and a stack of contracts. "Already done. Oh and you got a call a couple minutes ago, he said it was urgent." She handed me a different color post it as well.

"Thank you." I took it all and read the note. "Harry Styles, at 12:48 and urgent."

I dialed the number at the bottom of note and it rang and rang."Why are you calling my work number Styles?" I asked when it stopped ringing, before he even could say hello.

"Thought if you got caught on your cell at work you would get in trouble." He said.

"It's work, not school." I scoffed.

"Same thing." He replied. "Okay guess what L?!"

"What Harry?!" I played along like a little kid.

"We will be in New York tomorrow!"

"Shit." I cussed under my breath. "That's tomorrow?"

"Yeah it is. I thought you would want to get together or something? See us? I know the girls have come down a lot but you haven't seen me or Niall or Liam in awhile." He sounded kind of disappointed at my reaction.

"Harry, you know why that's not a good idea." I sighed.

"L you really need to talk to him. I think he wants to talk to you too. It's been almost a year."

"I just don't think that's best. I really want to see you Haz, I really do I just..." I ran my hand through my hair. "I don't know."

"Okay fine." Harry's tone changed. "I give up. If you want to see us then you come to London next time! If you want to come to our show tomorrow night though just show up okay?"

"I'll think about it. Thanks Hazza."

"I hope to see you L, it's been awhile. Bye."

"Bye." I hung up the phone and started looking at the pages and pages of contracts until my phone conference.

~•~

"Anne I'm about to leave," I stuck my head into my bosses office.

"Come in Laura I have news!" A petite blonde waved me in. I sat in the comfy leather chair across from her desk. "Remember that photoshoot I made you step in for because the model got a bad burn?"

I nodded. "You still owe me for that."

"Yeah yeah, well a photo from that shoot made it as a Vogue billboard in Times Square!"