Chapter 36

Chapter 36

Laura’s POV

            I walked into my room and turned on my computer. I jumped over all of my suitcases that I packed yesterday after we said goodbye to the boys at the airport. I had looked up the University of London and it was AMAZING to say the least. An awesome boyfriend, a great school, a new place, life couldn’t be better. And best of all I talked to my mom last night and she supported me 100%. Of course I left out the itty bitty parts about having a famous boyfriend and all. To her, I just got an amazing opportunity with my three best friends that happened immediately. When my computer booted up I checked my email first, kind of confused that I had an email from Liam and not a text. “Hey babe, you remember that sweatshirt you stole from me? Yeah well check the pocket ;) xx –Liam” was all it said.

I read it again, confused but checked anyway. I went to my bed where it was laying and reached into the front pocket. As the email said, something was in there. I took it out, it was a CD case. I opened it to reveal an unmarked CD. “Okay,” I said puzzled, walking back over to my computer and popping it into the slot. I pressed play, gasping at the first song that came on. I listened in silence as Wake Me Up played, but it was different. It was Liam. He was singing our favorite song acoustically and it was perfect, he was perfect. The next song that came on was Give Me Love, Gold Rush, and then Torn, my favorite by them. After that was Because You Live by Jesse McCartney and Fix You by Coldplay, which were interesting choices. The last song on the list was What Makes You Beautiful, acoustic and I was surprised when the other boys joined in. I was practically in tears as I reached for my phone. I pressed 1 on my speed dial, it ringing longer than usual.

“Hello?” a deep voice answered sleepily.

“Did I wake you up?” I frowned.

“Yes but it’s okay baby,” he chuckled.

“Well I just wanted to tell you that I got your email.” I stated.

“Did you listen to it?” he asked, sounding more alert.

“I did,” I giggled.

“Do you like it?” he pressed.

“I love it,” I told him.

“Great,” he breathed.

“I understand Wake Me Up, Gold Rush, Give Me Love and Torn, but why Perfect and Fix You?” I asked him, looking at the track list on my computer.

“Well I looked through your Ipod-“ he started.

“You did what?” I scoffed, crossing my arms.

“I was looking through your Ipod.” He said smugly.

I sighed, “Okay, keep going,”

“And I saw a lot of Jesse McCartney, when I listened to your favorite song by him it was exactly how I feel.”

“Aw,” I cooed. “Not true but keep going.”

“Can’t you just take the compliment?” he sighed, disappointingly.

“Nope!” I popped the P.

“Fine, and Fix You was Harry’s idea.” He chuckled.

“Well I love it, thank you.” I smiled.

“You are very welcome, you almost ready to go?”

“Yes, all packed and I didn’t steal that sweatshirt! I am borrowing it.” I defended myself, remembering the words in the email.

“No, you stole it alright.” He chuckled, “But it’s okay, it’s yours.”

“Well I’m going to be wearing a lot more of your clothing now that we are going to be roommates.” I teased.

“And I am definitely okay with that,” he hummed into the phone.

“Good, well we are leaving in like 15 minutes so I’m gonna go.” I looked over at the clock. “Go back to sleep, you need to be nice and perky when I get over there.”

“Alright Laura, text me before you board okay?”

“You sound like my dad.” I chuckled.

“Well then we would have a problem, because dating your dad would be very wrong.” He said seriously.

“Ew! Liam that’s grose!” I yelled, the images running through my head.

“It’s a good thing I’m not your father then right?” he chuckled.

“Right,” I agreed. “Talk to you later, bye Li.”

“Bye baby, can’t wait to show you my city.”

“I can’t wait either. I have always wanted to see London, and you showing it to me makes it perfect.” I smiled, thinking about everything to do.

“I can’t wait either,” he said, hanging up right after. I put my phone away, and synced my Ipod real quick, putting his songs on there. i looked at my room one last time and satisfied with things I threw on my (his) sweatshirt and lugged my suitcases to the front door.

“Ready?!” Debbie tried containing her emotions.

I laughed, “ready.”

“Come on Laura you have to be more excited than that?!” Victoria looked at me disapprovingly.

“I am!” I assured them, shaking my head. “I am very excited,”

“Good, lets get this stuff in the car.” We called a taxi for the airport, leaving our jeep in the parking lot. My mom is going to sell it later. We all climbed in, the man helping us with our suitcases in the back. When we finally went through security and boarded the plane I texted Liam like I promised. “Just boarded, can’t wait to see you in 8 hours!”

I got ready to take off, taking out my laptop and Ipod, not expecting a reply because he was sleeping but I got a text back anyway. “I can’t wait either, believe me.”

“Hey! You are suppose to be sleeping!” I replied, laughing to myself.

“What are you laughing about?” Victoria looked over at me.

“Nothing,” I mumbled, reading his newest response. “I am sleeping ;) have a safe trip babe!”

I replied right away as the flight attendant told us to turn off all electronic devices. “Liar ;) bye!”

I got cozy, it was going to be a long trip but I had extra luxuries because we were in first class, unlike when I was going to New York. The boys are too nice. We bought some magazines waiting for our flight and I started reading them to pass time. I started reading the One Direction parts in it to my friends. “Liam says he likes a shy but confident girl, am I shy?” I looked up.

“You can be,” Victoria shrugged. “Depends. What did Harry say?”

“He said his family needs to approve.” I read out of the magazine.

“Pressure!” Debbie sang, snickering.

“Oh shut up!” Vic turned to her and stuck her tongue out. “Hey in this one there is a Quiz!” She pointed to the page she was on. “Who is your perfect One Direction boy?” She read out loud.

“Okay I have to take this,” I chuckled, looking at the page. In the end we each got our boyfriends, which was satisfying and after going through all of the magazines I just wanted to chill. I popped in my headphones and drifted off to sleep.