Chapter 55

Chapter 55

Victoria's POV

"Harry," I whined, rolling over to nudge him. "Answer your phone." The shrill non stop ringing was starting to give me a headache.

He groaned and reached for it. He cussed under his breath as he read the caller ID and answered it reluctantly. "What Liam." I waited, closing my eyes again and was about to fall back asleep when he said "Birthday shopping for Laura today, we should go."

"But I like it right here." I pulled the covers up over my head.

"We will meet up with you later." Harry said into the phone and then hung up. "Come on babe, get up." He heaved up off his bed and walked over to my side. I didn't respond, still safely covered under the sheets. I could hear him sigh and walk away only to have a pillow hurled at me a minute later.

"Wow you could have at least tried to get me up like a boyfriend!" I took off the sheets to see him laughing from across the room.

"Hey I was an awesome boyfriend all last night and I'm tired!" he defended, still smiling cheekily.

"I'm tired too," I whined.

"I know babe but we have to go," he walked back over and kissed me gently on the forehead.

"That's better." I said, deciding to stop being difficult and get up.

Niall's POV

I still had no idea about what happened the night before. Usually I go to Liam for these problems but obviously I couldn't or I would be killed for the sharing the thought even if it only crossed my mind. Harry is too close to Laura and would probably be easily pressured into telling, Louis is really bad at keeping secrets so Zayn seemed like the perfect contender to dump my problems on. I decided to call him now thinking it would be the only time he would be alone today since we are all going out together.

"What's up mate?" He answered after a couple rings.

"Oh you know, life." I sighed.

"Something bothering you?" He asked now more sincerely.

"Are you alone?" I made sure just incase.

"Yeah, I was just about to meet Liam at his flat. Want me to come down to yours first?" Sometimes all of us living in the same building serves greater purposes.

"Yeah that would be great." I said, looking up at the time. We had another ten minutes before I said I would go over and that's enough.

"Okay I'll be there in two." Zayn hung up and I took a big breath. I threw on a Jack Wills sweater and khakis and was just slipping on my Supras when there was a knock on the door. I yelled for Zayn to come in and he did, wearing a white tee shirt, jeans andClarks.

"What's up mate?" He plopped down on my couch and waited for me to start.

"I have a problem," I sat down across from him and he straightened up.

"Yeah I got that."

"Okay," I told him everything that happened in Laura's room the night before, including what I was thinking through it all. I also told him Liam's reaction when he came down and I was thankful when Zayn didn't say anything to interrupt. He just nodded to himself calmly on certain parts. "And then I left and have been thinking about it ever since." I ended and we looked at each other for a couple seconds.

"Well," Zayn leaned back onto the couch, processing the story. And this is when Zayn's inner teacher comes out. I have a couple questions." I nodded and he continued. "One, do you think Laura was showing feelings back? Like you guys were flirting?" I shook my head no right away. That was part of my problem, she loves Liam and I was sure that wasn't going to change anytime soon. "No, even when Liam came down I shot up because I knew what I was doing I guess and it looked bad but she didn't move, she wasn't hiding anything about it."