Chapter 64

Chapter 64

Liam's POV

I woke up to Laura's phone ringing and groaned, looking over to see if she was awake to get it. She felt around the table, her eyes still closed until she grabbed it, looking at it and sighing. "What." She answered. I could hear a voice on the other end but couldn't make out what they were saying. I was almost back to sleep when Laura shot up into a sitting position, fully alert now and said "What?!"

This got me awake, "what?" I asked her but she gave me the shh finger and kept listening. Then my phone rang. This couldn't be good. "What is going on Zayn." I answered him right away. 

"I-I don't know what happened, I don't remember." He sounded panicky.

"Who is Laura talking to right now?" I questioned.

"Probably Deborah."

"Why."

"Because I-we we.."

"Spit it out Zayn." I was getting impatient.

"I woke up in her bed."

"WHAT?" I exploded. "How could you be so stupid? Why don't you remember?! Do you know how this could jeopardize everything? Your friendship- "

"If I wanted a lecture Liam I would have called my mom." Zayn said firmly.

"Sorry," I took a deep breath. "How did this happen?" Laura got up, still on the phone and gave me an unsettling look, walking into the other room.

"I don't know. Last night we came over to the girls house, played a couple of games, had a couple of drinks and I don't remember anything else."

"How many drinks." I asked disapprovingly.

"I don't know." He sighed.

"Zayn is there any sign that you used  a condom?"

"...no." He said softly. "She said she's on the pill but wasn't really persistent cuz she wasn't using it for..that."

"Zayn, kinda on the pill isn't enough."

"You think I don't know that?!" He snapped and then sighed. "Liam what do I do?"

"There isn't anything you can do Zayn. Just don't make it awkward and do whatever Deborah needs you to. Do the boys know?"

"No, only Victoria and I am pretty sure she is talking to Laura now."

"Okay you can decide when to tell the boys and I swear to god Zayn if she gets pregnant because of you I will-"

"I know." The line went dead and I threw my phone onto the bed, sighing. I listened into the other room where Laura was talking firmly and softly. She had always been better than me at fixing things. Then it occurred to me, what if Laura needs to be home for Deborah, we would have to go home a day early. It would ruin our weekend. I know that sounds really selfish but I wasn't ready for this to be over yet. Laura walked back into the room and I snapped out of my thoughts.

"So should I start packing?" I asked.

She looked at me confused, "what? No not unless you want to."

"No I don't. How's Deborah?"

"Panicking. But I think I got her calmed down a little."She walked over and sat next to me on the bed.

"That's good."

She put her head in her hand, "how's Zayn?" Her voice muffled.

"Panicking." I repeated.