Chapter 24: Threat

As she sat on a barstool eating cereal someone walked into the kitchen and helped himself with a bowl of cereal. 

He sat next to her. "We meet again so soon, Anna," said Chris. 

She kept her eyes fixed on her bowl. "It is Ms. Amores for you." 

He snickered. "You take every opportunity to feel superior, don't you?" 

She stared at him with a blank face. "Watch your words. If I didn't know better I would think that you have something against me." 

He laughed. "Do not take it personal." 

She shifted her gaze back to her bowl. "The fact that you just keep appearing where you are not invited just makes you even more suspicious." 

He grabbed her chin and leaned toward her until his face was right in front of hers. His cold fingers brushed from the side of her forehead all the way to her jaw and down her neck. They wrapped around her neck and pressed lightly. She refused to give him a reaction and he tightened his grip. 

"It is just the opposite. I love your spirit. It really is a shame..." He let go of her and slowly shook his head. "I wish I could take you all for myself, but that is not in the cards for us." He stood up.

"Tell me..." she said as he walked away. 

He halted. "What?" he did not turn around. 

"Tell me something I do not know." 

He chuckled. "You never fail to impress." He turned around and sneered at her. "Your real father was a dirty rogue of the worst kind." 

She glared at him in silence knowing that this was the most she would get from him at the moment. She stood up and picked up both bowls and took them to the sink as she cursed her brother once again for teaching her manners. She expected Chris to leave but he stayed there, leaning against the door frame between the kitchen and the dining room with a sly expression on his face.

After she finished doing the dishes she walked up to him and stood beside him without looking at him. 

"You know, I can see how much you despise me." She turned to face him. "I will make sure to get a happy ending to annoy you even more." She giggled as she saw him scowl. 

"I sure will enjoy your pain and tears," he said. 

She tried to walk away but he grabbed her left wrist and pulled her toward him until their bodies were almost touching. He took her other wrist and pushed her, pinning her against the wall. 

She looked at him in the eye and smirked."Good luck with that." 

He pressed himself against her. She kept her gaze fixed on his, seemingly unfazed, and licked her lips slowly; His eyes darted to them. 

He leaned in and she slightly lowered her head so he would have to put space between them; His breath fanned over her mouth as he hovered just above it. 

She headbutted him. He grunted, let go of her and moved his hands to his nose which was bleeding profusely. She took the opportunity when he crouched down to grab him by the nape of his neck and knee him in the stomach. She kicked him in the shins and his legs gave up; He fell to his knees whining. 

Anna grabbed his hair, pulled his head up and whispered in his ear. "There you go. Now, you have a real reason to hate me. You are welcome." 

She shoved him to the floor and made her way to her room. She locked the door behind her and sat on her bed.

Anna had used only a small part of her force so Chris would heal by the following day. She wanted to test how far he would go given the opportunity, but she did not expect anything like that.