Chapter 20: Honesty

Anna

I opened the door and as expected Kathe was there. She looked different. She was wearing clothes that we bought yesterday and a bright smile adorned her face. Kathe twirled and asked how she looked.

I smiled widely. "You look beautiful, of course." I walked out of the house and led her to a clearing in the woods behind my apartment.

"Today we are going to test your stamina and resistance. The real training will begin on Wednesday. Where is your brother?"

Kathe looked lost in thought for a moment, probably mindlinking her brother. "He is almost here."

I nodded. Almost immediately a gray medium sized wolf jumped out of a bush. I explained to him what I had previously said to Kathe while she went to the bushes to shift.

They were going to run around the forest for a couple of hours and we would meet afterward. If they still could keep on going they will run again. What I forgot to mention is that once they say that they cannot keep on running, we will do defensive training. Rogues do not wait for you to rest before attacking you.

"I would rather have this training to be as classified as possibly. I will teach you something but you must keep it extremely secret. In my pack we have a special low howl to warn everyone that we should regroup. Once I shift I will teach it to you. If you hear me, come back. Also, howl like this if you meet any other pack member and we will come back here."

They both nodded. I walked behind a bush and shifted. I howled lowly, and they did the same; I nodded. The howl I taught them is not actually the one we use in my pack. It is the one I use to detect traitors. This is a test I give to all my initiates. If I hear this howl in battle some time I would know someone crossed me without my pack being affected.

We began running, each of us in a different direction. I rushed toward the south side of the territory. There is a waterfall at the limit of the territory that I find extremely relaxing. After about one hour of running the sound of the drizzling onto the rocks welcomed me. I stopped for a moment enjoying the sweet taste of the cold water.

I was about to take off again when I smelt the scent the wind carried to me. I could barely make who was the owner of the scent before my instincts took over me. I had to go to him; It was not a matter of choice anymore. I dashed until he was in front of me.

He did not noticed me until I tackled him. I felt warm tickles wherever my skin made contact with his. I was in awe, finally everything seemed to make sense. This is what I was waiting for so long. The moment was perfect until he shifted back, bringing me out of my daze.

I gave the signal to Matt and Kathe and ran back. Hopefully they can hear me. They were already there when I got there. Instead of shifting back and explaining things, I attacked them. They were both surprised but quickly recovered. I was going soft on them but for a couple of omegas they stood ground pretty well. I let the battle extend for over an hour.

Kathe was the first one to give in; Her brother stood in front of her growling at me. He has good instincts. I jumped on him and motioned to bite his neck. He whimpered; Kathe was hidden getting ready to attack. I let him go and let her take me 'by surprise.' We rolled together, snarling and soon I was on top of her. I walked away keeping my eyes on both of them. They were breathing heavily and blood flowed from their wounds. Kathe collapsed again and Matt rushed to her side. I lowered my head and wiggled my tail. Matt understood the signal and nodded. I walked behind the bush to shift back.

I threw their clothes to them and turned around as they shifted. "Good fight. You two are better than I expected." I smiled at them.

Their wounds were steadily healing but Kathe still limped her way back to my place.