Chapter 32.5: Photos

After class Anna drove to the grocery store to get the ingredients for the rice with chicken. To most challenging mission of her life was set to start that same night.

She got home and got ready to go meet Caleb at the waterfall. She drove there, like the last time. She got there earlier than Caleb but he soon arrived in his wolf form, carrying his clothes in a bag on his muzzle. He jumped at her making her stagger back fall down. He licked her face repetitively and wiggled his tail. She closed her eyes and hugged him.

While he went to shift and get dressed, she washed her face with the cold water from the river. He went back and sat by her side.

"You always react like that when you are in your wolf form," she said laughing.

"That is my instinct taking over. But if it was for me, I would be kissing you all the time also, and to be fair you did just the same that day," he said.

Anna cleared her throat and looked away remembering that time when she tackled him in her wolf form. "So, how was the rest of your day?"

Caleb chuckled nervously recalling what had happened just before he left the house while he was getting ready to go see her.

Someone had knocked on his bedroom door and when he opened, a girl he had been with before was there. He noticed that the girl was about to jump to him and quickly closed the door on her face saying "nope," which resulted in her crashing against it.

When he got out of his room he told her that if she ever tried to touch him again he would kill her. He guessed that his tone might have been cold or frightening as the girl began shivering and just nodded before running away in tears. Chris was in the living room when Caleb walked toward the front door.

"Are you still playing at being the good mate?" asked Chris as soon as he saw him.

Caleb rolled his eyes and ignored him as he walked out and to the woods.

He was running late so had he left as fast as he could, too fast to hear the last words Chris had said. "Enjoy. It does not matter what you do now. Everything is already being arranged."

Anna snapped her fingers in front of him. "Caleb?"

He looked at her. "Oh, yeah right. The day was good."

Caleb gave her a half smile. He did not want to make her worry about other girls or anything else anymore.

"Are you su-?"

He pulled her closer to him a hugged her, muffling her question against his chest.

"I am sure. Everything is good now that you are here with me."

Anna rubbed circles on his back and he took as much of her scent in as he could. "It is perfect just perfect," Caleb whispered.

He pulled away. "What about your day?"

"Oh, I went buy groceries. My mom gave me the recipe yesterday." Anna's eyebrows furrowed. "Oh right! I promised her a picture!" She looked at him grinning.

"A picture?"

"A picture of me and you."

"With me?"

"Yes, a picture of us."

"A picture of us..." He fidgeted with his hands and looked down with a small smile on his face.

She flicked his forehead. "Are you going to keep repeating everything I say?"

He nodded and she chuckled sarcastically.

"Come here," he said. He opened his legs and pulled her making her back crash against his chest and hugging her. She turned her face to stare at him in surprise. Before she could say anything he had already taken a picture with his phone.