Special Chapter 2

A/N: Playlist

Familiar Taste of Poison, by Halestorm.

* I Found, by Amber Run.

* Drive, by Oh Wonder.

* You're Somebody Else, by Flora Cash.

*  Skinny Love, Birdy.

*  Do I Wanna Know?, by Arctic Monkeys.

Follow Your Fire, by Kodaline.

I'll Be Good, by Jaymes Young.

* Too Little Too Late, by JoJo.

Rainey

The storm had finally settled down, at least outside the building. In my heart and in my mind chaos still reigned as I caressed Alexander's cheek and brushed his hair. I had almost forgotten the feeling that being with him brought. I had forgotten what being in love felt like.

My wolf was fully awake and begging me to claim him as my mate. His subtle scent of Spearmint was addictive as ever. I wished things were that easy for us.

Time should've had stopped, so I could've forever tasted this moment. There, with his eyes closed and that silly grin on his face, he was the same awkward boy I had grown up and fallen in love with. I took a long deep breath. 

Right now, he was only guilty of the sins that he had committed against me, but soon I would find out the reason he was here in the first place. I would have to forget about him, then. Would I be able to do it again?

The door to the dungeons creaked open and a tall handsome man walked in, followed by the same four retarded soldiers from before. The man, whom I assumed was the Alpha, looked down at Alexander and raised an eyebrow before turning to me smirking. Realization flashed across his face as if he had discovered the solution for world hunger.

"Oh, what do we have here? Hello, I'm Alpha Tobias Maddox. I apologize for the small inconvenience."

Small inconvenience? An inconvenience was mixing up reservations in a restaurant. An inconvenience was signaling the wrong line to board a plane. An inconvenience was delivering a medium Hawaiian pizza instead of a large Meat Lovers.

Kidnapping someone and throwing her into a creepy-ass dungeon with the man that had ruined her life was much more than a small inconvenience. I could have lashed out at how stupid everyone was, but I wanted to live.

I slowly stood up showing my open hands. "Let me out. I'm no rogue. I'm not even a werewolf anymore."

"You smell like a rogue."

I gnawed on my lower lip. Naturally, I smelled like a rogue.

Go stay in the safehouse. Everything will be alright, Salvador had said.

Freaking Salvador, always getting me into trouble. It was him who had suggested I interviewed that man. I sighed. He had set me up again, hadn't he?

What was going on inside of that head of his would forever remain a mystery. After all these years, I kept falling straight into his traps. He'd probably save me and laugh it off saying it was a joke.