Chapter 12: Cliches Do Happen...

Anna

The date of our friendly date arrived pretty fast. Probably, because of the excitement or maybe because he had just asked me yesterday. I would go with the former. It was 2:56 pm and the constant banging on my door was annoying me. Caleb had been here since 2:25 pm. 

I was not ready yet. I was not a punctual person. What did he think he is doing coming here so early? I finished putting on some light makeup at exactly 2:59 pm. I looked at myself in the mirror. I was satisfied with my look. 

Today was not as freezing as it has been lately. He had told me to wear something comfortable, but he hadn't told me what we were doing. You could never go wrong with comfortable jeans, right? I was wearing some ripped dark jeans with a light grey sweater and a scarf.

I rushed to open the door and took a look at my watch, exactly 3:00 pm. I found a very annoyed Caleb at the door.

"Were you here? Why did you not answer?" he said between gritted teeth.

"Oh, I am so sorry. I was distracted getting ready. You did tell me to be ready by 3:00 pm." I whined and showed him my watch. "See, 3:00 pm and I am ready."

He huffed and frowned. "Seriously? But I felt like coming earlier. You should have opened the door for me at least."

I stepped out of my apartment and locked the door. I turned to face him. "You have my number. Don't you? It is on the syllabus I gave you. You never called me to let me know you wanted to meet earlier." 

We walked to his car. He hopped in the driver's side without even looking at me. I couldn't help but compare his actions with Xander's. I shook my head. No, Anna, they are two different people. Caleb also has his moments... Sometimes.

"I do, but I thought that just dropping by would be easier," he said. "I do not usually call people with my cell phone. I mindlink my friends and pack members. I cannot mindlink you."

I glared at him. "You do have a cell phone, don't you?"

"Yes I do, but as I told you. I do not like calling people. It is annoy--"

"I do not care if talking on the phone is the most boring activity in the world for you. If you want to meet me earlier you call me and ask if I am okay with that. You do not get to drop by my apartment whenever you feel like it."

He growled at me and his knuckles turn white as he grips the steering wheel. I scoffed and crossed my arms. I rested the side of my head against the window. We drove in silence for about five minutes. 

Caleb sighed loudly. His right hand moved to through a lock of my hair and caressed my cheek. I tilted my head toward his hand and rubbed my cheek against it.

"I am sorry, Anna. I will be more considerate next time," he said.

I did not feel like arguing anymore. He sped off clearly over the speed limit "You should not be driving," I say.

He slowed down and looked at me tilting his head, a small smile spreading across his handsome face. "Oh, do not worry so much. It was just a little fast. I have good reflexes... That, and the head of the police department and most police officers are part of the pack."

I just nodded. I may die today. I wasn't feeling talkative. Caleb, however, did not get the memo. He kept talking about everything from the weather to video games. I did not answer most of the things he says but I did save everything in my memories. He is my soul mate.

We arrive at an all too familiar place. I stepped out of the car and crossed my arms again staring at him with an arched eyebrow.

"The Flowers park? Really, Caleb? Do you even remember what happened last time?"