Chapter 27: Happy Music Makes Me Happy

Anna and Alexander were now in Anna's living room glaring and growling lowly at each other. To say that the outing to the club had been a catastrophe would be an understatement. 

Everything began when Anna finished getting ready and showed Alexander her outfit. She was wearing a low cut orange shift dress with black tights and black ankle boots. He, half joking, half serious, said that she looked like a hooker. Anna being the docile lady she is, told him to go fuck himself and left the apartment. Alexander thought she was joking until he heard her car's engine.

Anna went to Kathe's house to pick her up. She knocked on the door and to her surprise Caleb opened it. He sighed and let out a low whistle when he saw her. Anna gave him a small smile. He let her into the house. Matt and Samuel were in the living room sitting on a couch. Matt smirked when he saw her. That was obviously not a coincidence. She narrowed her eyes to him and he shrugged. Anna went to Kathe's bedroom to help her with her makeup. It did not take long before she was ready. 

"Aren't you going to take that?" asked Kathe pointing to Anna's phone. The screen was flashing.

Anna sighed and answered the phone. 'Talk,' she said.

'Anna beautiful. I was just joking. Where are you?' 

He sounds distressed, she thought. 'I am picking up my friend. Want me to go get you?'

'Yes, love.'

Anna hung up and turned to Kathe. "Ready?" she asked with a wide smile. 

Kathe beamed  and took her hand, pulling her toward the living room. 

"Ta-da!" said Kathe extending her arms in front of the boys. 

Samuel grinned and gave her thumbs up. However, Caleb's eyes were glued on Anna. Matt stood up.

"Don't you think that dress is a little short?" asked Matt.

"Don't you begin with that you too," said Anna. She put a hand in front of him. "You know what? We are leaving. Bye." She waved.

"Run to the car, Kathe. Run!" Anna whisper-shouted, getting chuckles from the boys. 

Kathe sprinted to the car, stumbling with her heels and almost falling in her way there. Anna walked behind her laughing. She was about to walk out of the house when she felt his arms around her. 

"You look beautiful, Anna," said Caleb, hugging her from behind. 

He placed a kiss on her cheek and let go of her. Anna left the house and took a few steps toward her car. She turned around and locked eyes with Caleb. He smiled and waved at her. She got into her car with a grin on her face. Kathe nudged her shoulder and giggled. 

Anna drove back to her apartment. Alexander was waiting for her at the drive way. 

"Holy shi..." said Kathe as she saw him. "Do you know that eye candy? I think I need the holy water."

Xander smirked and walked to the car. He hopped in the back seat.

"I am Alexander. Nice to meet you." He smiled warmly and offered his hand to Kathe, which she shyly shook.

"I am Kathlyn. Pleased to make your acquaintance."

"Xander, today's quest is to give Kathe the funnest night ever," said Anna.

Xander smiled and nodded. 

They finally arrived to the club and salsa music was blasting. Anna sighed and smiled widely; She grabbed Xander's and Kathe's hands. They walked around the club, looking for somewhere to sit and found a couch in a corner near the bar.