Chapter 31: Dinner

A/N: Song "Ya No Vivo Por Vivir," by Juan Gabriel ft. Natalia Lafourcade.

Anna was now driving to a near burger restaurant with Caleb. He was holding one of her hands. She looked at him from the corner of her eye as he closed his eyes and brushed her hand against his own face slowly. She smiled thinking about how adorable he is.

"I want to know how you could change so much in a week," said Anna.

Caleb opened his eyes and sighed. He knew that the question would pop up sometime. Deep down he was afraid that she would not believe him when he admitted the truth, but he had already decided to be honest with her.

"I did not change in a week. How I fell in love with you is actually a long story that begins from the first time our eyes met," he said.

"Oh really?" Anna turned her face to him momentarily. 

Caleb chuckled as he nodded his head, but his look was not a comical one. He was being serious. "Yes. Really. Want to hear the story?"

Anna was apprehensive of what he could say about that. For her, it did not make sense for him to say that he liked her since the beginning after all the times she had seen him with other girls, but she was willing to listen what he had to say.   

"Of course I do," she said. 

"Tomorrow at the waterfall, same time." He kissed her cheek.

"Are you leaving me hanging so I agree to meet you again?"

"Would that work?"

"Yes, but I would meet with you even without the cliffhanger."

Anna did not consider herself a patient person but she did not feel the need to rush things with him. We have the rest of our lives, she thought and her lips curved into a wide smile.

Caleb kissed the back of her hand. He loved the feeling of holding her hand and kissing her to the point he did it now as an instinct. It just came naturally to him.  

"Every day?" asked Caleb.

She pulled up into the parking lot. "That would make me the happiest girl in the world. Now let's go eat before I get hangry."

***

They were eating burgers and fries. Besides the waiters and cooks, the place was empty, which Anna found weird, but Caleb knew the reason. As soon as they had left the waterfall, he had mindlinked everyone to leave so Anna would not feel uncomfortable. He did not need to give them a reason, they obeyed him.

This time they were sitting side by side instead of in front of each other. Anna could not be happier. Just when she had concluded that eating could not be any more enjoyable, she found the joy of eating with the person she cared about the most. The fact that she was completely sure of what they both felt toward each other made it feel different to the breakfast they had shared together. A good kind of different.

"What is your favorite food?" she asked.

Caleb's eyebrows shot up. He opened and closed his mouth a couple of times before talking.

"Finally..." he said laughing.

"Finally, what?" Anna cocked her head to the side.

"Finally you ask something about me."

"I ask things about you."

"Tell me something about me that you have asked me personally, then."

"You like to play videogames."

"That does not count. You saw me playing."

Anna's lips curled into a small smile. "Getting to know you will be my main goal from this precise instant, then."