Resurrected

Okay so this chapter takes place 4 years ago so it's kind of a flashback, I hope you enjoy it and since it's the first chapter and it's an introduction to the story it will be long

Davina's pov

My eyes shut open and a gasp leaves my throat as my heart beats rapidly in my chest, what the hell is going on? Am I alive? Or is this some sick trick the ancestors are playing on me? This is impossible I'm supposed to have a fate worse than death.

The ancestors made it so it was impossible for me to be resurrected so how am I breathing right now?

I slowly start moving my hands and fingers and I start wriggling my toes. Once I have regained feeling in my arms and legs I turn around so I'm on my hands and knees and I start pushing and punching at the wall of my grave. I feel my hands start to bleed and I get frustrated so I ball my hands into fists and chant a small spell under my breath and the wall cracks letting light and air to slip in allowing me to breath properly. I punch out the broken stone and I carefully pull myself out the grave.
.
.
I let out a relieved sigh as my bare feet touch the ground, I close my eyes for a moment to take in the fresh air and the feeling of my feet touching the ground. It feels good to be alive but I'm still so confused as to how I am? Well I'll be sure to find out I'll go to Vincent knowing he'll be able to help me figure out what's going on.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I take a deep breath before knocking on his door, I must've been waiting a good few seconds when Vincent opens the door "Davina?" He asks with shock written all over his face.

"I need your help I'm somehow alive and I don't know how I'm so confused" I say nervously he opens the door wider and steps aside "come in I'll see what I can do" he says I nod and step inside his house looking around as he closes the door behind me and leads me to his living room.

"Would you like something to eat or drink I imagine you must be starving and thirsty?" He asks as I sit down on the couch in his living room "water will do for now" I say I can't bear to eat right now when my mind is all fuzzy "very well" he says turning on his heal and heading to the kitchen.
.
.
He comes back a few seconds later with a glass of water "thank you" I say taking a sip of the water "so tell me from the beginning what happened?" He asks sitting down.

"I woke up in my grave and I punched my way out and I don't understand how when I'm supposed to have a fate worse than death the ancestors tore my soul to shreds so I couldn't be resurrected" I say Vincent looks intrigued "do you want me to find out you're alive?" He asks "if it's not too much to ask I just want to know how any of this is possible" I say he nods and stands up "I'm happy to help just wait here a second while I get some things for a spell" he says walking out the living room.
.
.
He comes back a few minutes later carrying a bowl, a knife, a candle, some green herbs and a piece of paper. He clears the coffee table and places down the piece of paper straightening it out and then puts the bowl and candle on the paper spreading the two items abit.

He lights the candle then turns to look at me "to do the spell I'm gonna need a bit of your blood" he says holding the knife in his hand. I nod and hold out my hand to him, he places the knife against my palm and slowly drags the knife down cutting my palm and he moves my hand so it's hovering over the bowl and I watch as my blood drops into the bowl.

"Here's a bandage for the cut" Vincent says moving my hand away when he's got enough of my blood and handing me a bandage. I slowly wrap it around my palm and gently tie it at the end.
.
.
.
Vincent grabs the herbs and places them in the bowl with my blood then mixes them together then he tips the bowl letting the mixed blood and herbs drip on to the paper. He tells me to lie back and takes the last of the herb that he didn't use and places it on my forehead. "Now close your eyes think back to before you woke up" he instructs I close my eyes and the memories of before I woke up resurface.