07 | denver

Daniel sprung out of bed and made his way to the bathroom. He got myself ready and put on some comfortable clothes for the plane ride. He was so excited on going to Denver. This was the day he's been waiting for.

The boys entered the van that David rented and loaded all their luggage to the back. The boys climbed into the van and made their way to the airport.

As expected, there were fans and paparazzi waiting at the airport. Security was there so they could get through the airport safely and to avoid the paparazzi bombarding them with questions.

They made it through security and sat down in the seats, waiting to be boarded on the plane. Daniel was excited, more than anyone, but was also nervous. What if blondie isn't the person she says she is? What if she's just like any other girl who is gonna use me for fame? What if she treats me differently? These were the thoughts Daniel had in his mind.

Jonah noticed how sweat was starting to form on the boy's forehead and how he was playing with his fingers and he spoke up.

"Why are you so nervous Daniel?" he asked, looking concerned.

"What if she's not who she really is? What if she uses me, just like all those other girls?" He tell him.

Daniel had experiences with girls in the past who just became friends with him just for the fame. They didn't like him for he truly. He was concerned that the girl he has grown to like so much could potentially turn out the same.

"Daniel, you really don't need to worry. I can tell by how you talk about her and how she makes you smile whenever you guys text. She's different from other girls." Jonah gives him a small smile. Daniel smiles back and take out the phone from his pocket.

hey blondie!

hey ocean. are you excited?

super! i'm waiting at the airport right now.

i just found out that why don't we was seen at LAX. they're traveling somewhere but i don't know

oh yeah i saw them

wait what?! OCEAN U SAW THEM?

yeah

please if you see them again, tell them that your friend is a big fan and tell them i hope they have a safe trip to wherever they are going. dear lord i would die if something happened to them during their flight

i love how you're so concerned for a group you don't even know

i don't care if i know them personally. every person should be treated with kindness and respect. and i hope you are safe on your flight too ocean.

its only a 2 hour flight!

still, anything can happen in two hours.

wait you live in la?

yup

well good. now i know where you live because you know where i live.

that did not sound creepy in my head but now as i texted you, you probably think im a creep

oh well

i love your humor blondie. i'm really excited to see you!

so am i! well i gtg now because i have to go to school. text you later

bye!

As soon as Daniel closed his phone they started to board their plane. Daniel sat in his seat next to Zach. Zach slept the whole entire ride, but Daniel was too excited and nervous to sleep. the plane landed in Denver and the boys hopped off the plane. The boys ubered to their hotel and settled into their rooms.

When Daniel entered his room he dropped his bags and jumped on the bed. He stared at the ceiling and he was pulled into his thoughts.

what would she be like in person?

how would she look like?

how would her voice sound like?

ding.

The sound of daniel's phone interrupted him from his thoughts. He took his phone from his back pocket, hoping that blondie had texted him, but it was David.

we're going to meet in jonah's room for a meeting so i can inform you guys about the competition you guys are holding.

okay, be right there

Daniel stood up from his bed and made his way to Jonah's room, which was the room next to his. As he opened the door, everyone was there already.

"Okay everyone's here?" David said as Daniel made his way to the group and sat on the bed. The boys nodded in response.

"So, the contest is going to be held at a high school, Devin Performing Arts School, to be exact. We're going to be heading there tomorrow and make the announcement of your contest which will be held in 10 days days." David explained to the boys, "there is also a ball which is going to be held in 3 days and the school insisted you guys attend."

"Ball? I love balls!" Zach exclaimed, earning a look from jack, "Hey not that ball, I mean balls where you dance, you know what I mean?"

"Yeah Zach, I think we knew what you mean." Jonah tells Zach while Jack just laughs.

"Also you guys are going to attend the music classes and help out the students and tell them some tips so they can get them ready for the competition." David adds.

"So we're basically gonna be like be students and attend classes?" Corbyn asks.

"Yay! We're going back to public school!" zach exclaims.

"I'm not ready for this." Jack says, shaking his head.

"Why is that?" corbyn asks, raising an eyebrow at him.

"There are gonna be so many fan girls there and i know it, they're gonna keep asking to touch my hair." Jack explains.

The boys just shake their head and laugh.

"Well boys, since there is gonna be a dance, why don't you go get yourself some suits?" The boys nod and make their way to the mall.