14 | masquerade ball , part 1

thalia's POV

today is the day. as soon as my alarm went off i quickly woke up and got ready for school. the masquerade ball wasn't until at 7pm. i made breakfast for aunt denise and blair and quickly headed out, grabbing an apple on the way.

i waited for kendall outside her house and we walked together to school, as usual.

"i'm so excited for today, aren't you thalia?" kendall exclaimed while eating her yogurt.

"i don't know. i don't think i should meet up with daniel but another part me of me also says that i should." i confess my confused feelings to her, "i'm confused"

"you shouldn't be! once daniel sees you in that dress, he'll just melt to death by how beautiful you are!" i laugh at her exaggeration

once we arrived at school it was like the usual, going to my locker and heading to class. as i headed to music class with kendall, blair and her minions were already sitting down, gossiping i assumed. as i walked to the seat 2 seats behind hers blair gives me dirty look, but i choose to ignore it because i do not want to be on her bad side today. blair turns around and looks at me, then cocks her head to the side.

"hey cuz, did you know today was the ball?" she gives me an innocent smile

"uh, yeah? why?" i hoped in my mind that she would say something other than 'you can't go'

"you're gonna help me get ready okay. i need to look the best, even though. i'm already beautiful." she laughs and turns back to the front of the class.

i look at kendall and she rolls her eyes and pretends to gag and i laugh slightly. during class, the boys were once again there to help students. i was just playing on the guitar, trying to find the harmony that suited my new song that i stressed to finish last night. i had a plan, and that was to sing ocean, daniel, my song and see if he thinks it sounds good.

"what are you playing?" a familiar voice says behind me. i turn around and i see daniel there, smiling, showing his adorable gap in his teeth.

"nothing really.. just playing around" i say nodding and looking at my fingers.

"do you mind if i play something?" daniel asks. i nod and hand him the guitar.

he stars to strum on the guitar and plays perfect by ed sheeran. i smile at him and clap after he finishes playing.

"thats my favourite song" i tell him, smiling widely.

"same. i could jam to perfect all day" he replies, handing me back the guitar.

we stay silent for a few seconds until blair calls daniel over. he goes over and i see blair getting all touchy, i felt slightly jealous, though i didn't know why.

daniel and i have been talking a lot, via text, and every time i talk to him he makes my day just so much better. i love how understanding he is and he listens. i'm finally admitting it, i have feelings for him. not the feelings of a fan girl. but i actually like this boy, but i hope he feels the same way. what if he didn't? what if when i told him who i was, the loser and the 'maid' and the girl that only has one friend. what if he isn't the guy he says he is?

after school i quickly head home as blair wanted me to help her with getting ready for the ball. when i came home, blair was in her robe doing her makeup.

"come on thalia, curl my hair. i want them to be perfect" she says pointing to the curling iron.

i start to curl her hair while she does her makeup. once i finish she orders me to grab the dress from her closet and i obey. her dress had thin straps that held it up. the top of the dress had gems on it and it showed quite a lot of cleavage. the dress was then plain white that touched the ground.

-

^ blair's dress ^

^ blair's dress ^

-

as blair was looking at herself in the mirror, aunt denise comes into the room. she puts her her hands over her mouth as she stared her daughter in awe.

"you look wonderful blair, daniel is going to love your dress!" she said, smiling at her daughter.

daniel was taking blair to the ball?

aunt denise looks at me, "now you-" she points at me, "- you are going to clean this whole house, blair's birthday is coming up"

i shake my head and speak, "but aunt denise, i'm going to the ball with kendall."

"you most definitely will not! if i see you at the ball or if i hear anyone tell me you are at the ball, you can say goodbye to college. goodbye to living on your own. goodbye to going anywhere. you will be stuck in her until you.. go to the same place where your parents are" she grins at me.

i just walk out of the room and into my room. how could she be this evil? i call kendall and she picks up after three rings.

"hello thalia? are you done yet?"

"i can't come. denise is making me clean the whole house for blair's birthday."

"are you kidding me? what about daniel?"

"i don't know kends." a tear falls on my cheek

"don't worry i've got a plan!"

"okay, bye kendall"

i hang up and start cleaning. out off all the days to make me clean the house, it had to be today? while i was cleaning the kitchen my aunt walks over to me.

"i'm gonna be coming home at midnight. so you better be here or else" she raises an eyebrow and i just nod.

the doorbell rings i go to get it. once i open the door i see daniel in a suit. he looked so handsome. i give him a smile.

"oh hey, aren't you from music class?" he asks

"uh yeah. are you here for blair?" i tell him and gesture him to come in.

"yeah. so you aren't going to the ball?" he says looking at me

i shake my head and blair comes down the stairs in her dress and white mask in hand. i look at daniel and see him smiling widely and staring at blair. why was he taking blair to the ball if he wanted to meet up with me, or blondie? or was he just gonna ditch me?

"you look amazing blair." he says in awe while blair blushes.

"thank you daniel." she says, blair then looks at me, "can you take a picture of us thalia?"

i nod and she gives me her phone and i snap a picture of them. daniel puts his arm around her waist and they pull each other close. the feeling of jealousy takes over me. i hand the phone back to blair and i walk back into the kitchen. i hear the door close and 10 minutes later i hear the doorbell ring.

i open the door and see kendall there with people behind her. i give her a confused look and raise an eyebrow at her?

"surprise!" she exclaims .

(edited)