24 | the new couple

thalia's POV

as i was taking books out of my locker for my next class, kendall comes up to me and hugs me and i hugged her back, confused.

"what was that for?" i asked her, smiling.

"why are you happy?" kendall asked and i just have her the 'i don't know what you're talking about' look.

"didn't you hear?", i shake my head as she speaks, "daniel and blair just got togrther. they're the new 'it couple'"

i stood there, shocked at what she just said. one date and they're already dating? as i stood there, daniel and blair walk past us, holding hands and blair just looks back at me, smiling. i didn't want this to happen. seeing the boy you love, dating someone else. but i was also happy, because i hurt daniel and broke his heart but he seems to be happy around blair. maybe they were meant to be, not daniel and i.

i close my locker and head straight to class which was inconveniently, music. the whole time daniel and blair were flirting with each other and calling each other names like 'babe' or 'sweet' or 'blairy', i have to admit, the last one was weird.

corbyn and kendall looked at me and saw how hurt i was. corbyn was the only one who knew what was actually happening and all he could feel was anger. he told me multiple times how much he hated blair.

as lunch came by, daniel decided to sit with blair and her group while the rest of the boys sat with kendall and i. while we were talking jonah and kendall announced that they were officially dating. they had been going on dates this past week and i was extremely happy for them.

"i'm so happy for you guys! my ship has officially sailed!" i exclaimed.

"you guys are goals!" zach said, "too bad my ship sank"

"yeah same, zach. it's very depressing" jack said to zach, putting his hand on his shoulder.

i knew what they were talking about. i wish that daniel and i worked out too. i looked over to daniel and blair. daniel was laughing and smiling. i missed his smile. i look back to my food and continued eating.

"so anyways, you guys excited for tomorrow?" kendall asked the boys and they nod.

"i am so excited to see the amazing talent!" corbyn says in excitement

"yeah, since we attend the music classes to help out the students we are always amazed at how talented everyone is" jack says

"i have to agree. everyone's talent should be recognized" kendall says and looks at me. i just shake my head.

"come on thalia! i've heard you sing. you're amazing!" corbyn says.

"wait you sing, thalia?" jonah asks.

"i'm not that good." i quietly say, "i don't want to embarrass myself"

"you are gifted with an amazing voice, thals. people need to hear it!" kendall says.

"i don't know to be honest. there are so many talented people auditioning, i would probably sound like trash compared to them" i chuckle

"well, let's hear you sing" jack suggests and my eyes go wide and i shake my head.

"no. no. no. no and no!" i say and the boys become disappointed.

when the bell rings i head to my final two classes. i was in english class and blair comes up to me.

"hey cuz. so, me and daniel are together. you're free and your bestie isn't getting kicked out of college. everyone's happy!" she says, smiling.

"okay blair. i hope you and daniel's relationship goes well" i say to her and i give her a small smile. she turns around and finds her seat.

when school was over, corbyn texts me.

corbean

hey thalia! i'm going to be
picking up christina from the
airport because she's going to
be here for the contest and watch.
the boys and kendall are tagging
along because we're gonna hang
out after. wanna come?

definitely! i wanna meet christina
so bad

great! are you still at school? because
her plane arrives in like 20 minutes.

yeah. i'm at the front gate

okay, we're on our way!

see you

after a few minutes, corbyn pulls up in front of the school and i get in. kendall and jonah were seated at the very back of the car, jack and zach were sitting in the middle, corbyn driving and i was in the front seat. daniel decided not to come since him and blair were going on a date. it surprised me how close they've gotten after only been dating for a day.

as we arrived at the airport, we bought a balloon for christina. we waited 10 minutes until we saw a figure running towards us. christina runs up to corbyn, hugging him and corbyn drowns her in kisses. she then continues to hugs each of the boys and kendall. she then walks towards me and gives me a hug.

"you must be thalia! corbyn has told me so much about you! also he told me about the situatation thats happening right now. i'm so sorry!" she says and i smile at her.

"it's okay! corbyn talks about you all the time too! i was so excited to meet you christina!" i pull her in another hug.

as we walk back to the car, corbyn puts christina's luggage in the back and she sits in the front seat. i sit in between zach and jack and they were annoying me the whole car ride. we went to the mall and hanged out. jonah and kendall seperated from us and i got to know christina more. she was so nice and sweet. she told me embarrassing stories about corbyn and i had not laughed as much as i did today.

after the day ended and corbyn drove to my house to drop me off i said goodbye to them.

"thank you so much for today. i really needed this day, thank you for making me smile and laugh so much guys. bye, see you tomorrow!" i said and waved goodbye as they drove away.

i walk into the house and see blair and daniel making out on the couch. i quickly go up to my room and fall into my bed. seeing blair and daniel made my heart hurt. i couldn't believe how quickly he got over me. it made me think about how maybe, just maybe, daniel never really like me at all.