45 | the broadcast

"Everyone! Come here into the living room, now! ASAP!" Kendall shouted, loud enough for everyone to hear. Footsteps made their way down the stairs and the 5 boys appeared in the living room.

"What is it now?" Daniel snapped. He was clearly upset at Kendall, especially after her outburst at Aspen yesterday.

"You all need to sit down and go on your phones." Kendall instructed, pointing to the couches.

"We could literally have done that in our rooms." Daniel grunted, still obeying instructions and plopped on the couch.

"This is important, really important." Kendall informed the boys. "Go on Instagram."

"Okay, what do we need to do?" Zach asked, and as he said that, Kendall's phone dinged. She received the message from Athena, telling her they had started the live.

"Go on Thalia's live." Kendall said, causing Daniel's eyebrows to jerk up.

"Why would I go on her live? What's the point of that?"

"Daniel, don't be an annoying baby and go on her live!" Kendall shouted. "If you don't I swear to god, you are just going to be ruining your own relationship!"

"Okay! Calm down woman, no need to get so cranky." Daniel mumbled, tapping on Thalia's Instagram icon.

The broadcast all popped up on the boys' phone. They all watched as Thalia was on their screen. It surprised the boys as they hadn't talked to her in 3 days and haven't heard from her since. Daniel didn't want to watch her live, she didn't want to know what she was doing now that she wasn't with him.

The boys watched Thalia's broadcast, and so did thousands of people. Soon, the live's chat filled with hate comments. Commenting awful things about Thalia because of the video that went viral. It became so popular that many youtubers spoke up about it, making a video, an instagram or snapchat post, sharing their opinions on the situation.

"Hello everyone." Thalia finally spoke, once she received a text from Kendall, telling her the boys were watching. "It's Thalia Williams."

"You may have heard about the rumours that's been going on. You may have seen the video and pictures that went viral. Yes, that was me."

Daniel felt as though his heart was stabbed again for the millionth time. He knew that it was her in the video, but hearing it coming out of her mouth hurt him even more.

"You guys saw that I was kissing another guy, that wasn't my boyfriend, Daniel. Or... now ex-boyfriend." Thalia sighed, looking down. "See, the thing about that video was, you guys don't know the full story. That video made you conclude that I was cheating on Daniel. But, that wasn't the case."

"This is bullshit." Daniel commented, earning a glare from Kendall.

"Just keep watching!" Kendall snapped at him.

"I have a cousin, her name's Blair. When I lived back in Denver, she wasn't the nicest to me. Coming to LA was my escape from both her and my aunt. They treated me both horribly and didn't appreciate my existence, well only for doing chores around the house and practically being their maid." Thalia continued.

"Once I came here, I saw her again somewhere." Thalia paused, remembering that night she broke down as Daniel held her. "But, I didn't interact with her. Though, we were out one night. The night of the day after the album that the Why Don't We boys' and I dropped. I remembered being so happy and grateful for being blessed with such amazing friends who I could have shared that amazing milestone with. But, that was ruined when I saw my cousin again."

"Blair was at the restaurant?" Corbyn rhetorically asked.

"The video that went viral was posted by non another than my cousin herself. While I was in the bathroom, she cornered me. Telling me she wanted what was 'her's-" Thalia air quoted, "-and she asked someone to come into the bathroom. It was a guy named Lucas. He was this boy from my school in Denver. I never really talked to him because he didn't have the best reputation." Thalia took a deep breath as she started tearing up.

"He-he" She choked on her words. "He started forcefully kissing me. He pinned onto a wall so I couldn't escape. He did something so cruel, so evil. He did something that no one should ever experienced. He sexually assaulted me."

The broadcast went silent, no one commented. Only having a few haters saying how she was making up this sob story to make people believe she truly didn't do something wrong. The boys' mouths gaped open and some of them put their hands on their mouths. They were in pure disbelief. They couldn't believe what had just happened. Their friend was getting sexually assaulted in the same building as them as they went home, thinking she was fine and that she was alright.

Daniel couldn't take it. His eyes filled with tears and he shut his phone, putting his head in his hands. He looked up at Kendall, almost as if asking if it were really true, and Kendall nodded in response. She sat down next to Jonah, hugging him from the side. Daniel put his hands to cover his face, not wanting to watch the live anymore, though he could still hear her voice as she spoke from the other boys' phones.

"This is the truth. I was sexually assaulted and all my own cousin did was laugh and record it so she could make it seem as though it was something completely different. Some of you guys may not believe me, and that's fine. We do have proof on what really happened. We managed to get the surveillance feed." Thalia said, wiping the tears that were rapidly streaming down her face. "I just want to say. Daniel," Daniel looked onto Corbyn's phone, who was next to him, as he heard his name. His eyes became red and his vision became blurry because of his tears. "If you're watching, I want you to know that I never intended on hurting you. I love you so much. And... that's it."

"If you guys are a victim or know anyone that is a victim of sexual assault, please stand with them. No one deserves to be treated like that and it is such a vile and an inhumane thing to do. Please show love and support to others. Love each other and be kind. I love you all so much, everyone. Thank you for watching." Thalia gave a small smile before ending the live.

She felt as though a huge weight was lifted off her shoulder. She could finally breathe again.

In the matter of minutes, the broadcast was shared and watched by millions of people. It became viral and soon, everyone was talking about it. During the middle of the live, Athena and Aspen went to the station, showing the police the footage of what happened during that night. Aspen came to inform where Blair and Lucas were staying.

The police barged into the expensive motel, catching Blair and Lucas in bed, naked. After the police made them get dressed and such, they were both arrested.

"Where is she?" Daniel asked Kendall quickly, standing up.

"She's been staying at this girl's apartment who saved her that day. I'll text you the address." Kendall replied.

Daniel rushed on his feet and took his keys in a swift motion. He ran to his car and started it. His phone dinged because of a new message and he put the address that was sent to him on google maps.

As Daniel drove to the address, all he could think about was Thalia. All he wanted to do was hug her and never let go. Even though they hadn't seen each other for 3 days, to them, it felt like years. Though, Daniel was a bit hesitant. He was upset at himself for not protecting Thalia, just like he promised her that night they saw Blair on their date.

What if something like this happened again in the future, though he wished this was the last time, would he be able to protect her?

Daniel parked in front of the apartment and he walked out of the car quickly. He entered the apartment using the keys that Kendall had given him. He went up the elevator and to apartment number 23. Thalia had no idea he was even in the same building. She just sat in the car she was in during the live, thinking if Daniel believed her. She knew she hurt him so much, and that made her heart ache.

The sound of keys rattling got her attention, though she thought it was only Athena. But, after a few more rattling sounds later, she started getting suspicious. The person trying to open the door couldn't open it. Thalia was sure that Athena knew the key to her own home. She stood up and walked slowly to the door, grabbing a chair on the way there as a weapon.

Daniel, who was on the other side of the door, grew frustrated as he tried to open the door. There were so many keys and he's tried them all at least once. When he finally got the right key in, he twisted the knob and the door flew open.

The two looked at each other, the same way they looked at each other on that night of the ball.

Daniel finally saw her and Thalia finally saw him.