23 | sadness

thalia's POV

my eyes opened, it was another day. i was dreading for this day to come because i had to face the boys. i had to face daniel. he doesn't know i was his mystery girl but i had to see him. what if he didn't have his adorable smile when he comes to school? what if all that happiness he had faded away and turned to sadness and anger? i'm scared that thats exactly how he's gonna react. but i'm also scared that he'll react the opposite. what if he's still his happy self. did he not get affected by the harsh words i texted him. did he really not like me? i shake my thoughts away and got out of bed.

i did my usual morning routine. as i headed down to the kitchen to prepare breakfast, blair was already awake and was scrolling through instagram. blair had a huge smile on her face, unlike me, who had red eyes from crying all night. i continued on making breakfast while blair was talking to me about what i had to do to make daniel fall in love with her.

"so just tell him that i really like him and hopefully he's feelings for you are forgotten. remember, don' tell anyone or else your best friend doesn't go to college" she says. i nod and make my way to school.

today i was walking to school with kendall and she was talking about how her and jonah were getting really close. it was clear, she had feelings for jonah and i could tell he felt the same.

"so me and jonah were talking all last night but thalia, he told me about daniel" i immediately focused on what she was saying after she said his name. i turned to her and saw that she worried as she scrunched her eyebrows.

"um, its a long story. i don't wanna talk about it" i said as i looked away from her. she didn't bring the topic back up again, but i know that corbyn would be asking me a lot of questions as soon as i came to school.

as we entered the school i quickly headed straight to my locker. as i was getting my books, someone leaned against one of the lockers next to mine and spoke.

"what happened?" corbyn asked.

"its a long story. i don't want to talk about it" i looked him in the eyes and shut my locker. i make my way to class and he follows.

"thalia, you can tell me anything. please, just give me an explanation!" he says.

"fine, but later at lunch okay!" i respond and he nods. i knew i had to tell him. he cares about daniel, they're like family.

class went pass quickly and it was lunch. as i walked to a table where kendall and the boys were sitting at i noticed daniel. he was sad and that made my heart hurt. his blue eyes weren't as bright as it use to be, the light had faded. as i sat down, i couldn't feel his aura of happiness like i would. his face was full of sadness and he wasn't smiling like usual.

"hey kendall" the boys said in unison, except for daniel. i looked at the boys and the gave me a look.

i was sitting next to jack and he whispered to me what had happened. he told me how daniel cried himself to sleep. knowing that made another piece of my heart break off. he was hurting, badly. corbyn then tapped my shoulder and he asked me to follow him and i did. we sat away from the group and i told him about what happened. i told him how blair found out and threatened me with getting kendall declined from her dream college.

"she is cruel" he said and all i could do was nod, "she is actually making you try to make daniel fall in love with her?"

"yeah. its terrible. don't tell kendall okay? i know that she would just hurt blair. as much as i hate her, she's still my cousin" i say

"wait. she's your cousin?!" he screams in disbelief and i nod.

we make our way back to the group and i see that daniel wasn't sitting with us anymore.

"where did daniel go?" i ask the boys and kendall.

"he went somewhere, i think the garden?" zach responds with food in his mouth.

i make my way to the garden and see daniel sitting on the bench that i played my song to him at. i walk over to him and sit next to him.

"i heard what happened. i'm so sorry" i say as i look at him, playing with my fingers.

"it's not your fault." he then looks at me, "i loved her thalia. i did"

i break our eye contact and look down at the floor, "maybe she loved you too daniel"

i did, i loved him. i love him

"whatever. she was like the other girls. she played with my heart and she left me heartbroken." he says, shaking his head.

"you know you should do something that will take your mind off of her." i say, "i heard blair had a crush on you"

he looks up to me and gives me a small smile.

"maybe you can talk to her and you know get to know her? maybe she'll get your mind off of things. she's really nice" i lie to him. no, she's cruel daniel. don't talk to her

"yeah! thats a good idea!" he says, smiling and nodding. he puts his hand on my shoulder, "thanks thalia, for cheering me up. i got to go now!"

he runs off. "no daniel, please don't forget about me" i say to myself.

as much as i don't want kendall to be kicked out of her dream college, i don't want to see daniel with blair. he means so much to me. but if he's happy, then i'm happy. i head back to the group and i just sit down, not talking to anyone.

the day went by slowly and when i arrived home, blair was on the phone and she squealed. she came up to me and hugged me.

"DANIEL ASKED ME OUT ON A DATE OMG! I HAVE TO GET READY!" she says and runs up to her room.

daniel moved on fast. but i'm happy for them, even though i'm hurting on the inside.