05 | mystery girl

daniel's POV

I was in the lounge of the Why Don't We house. I was sitting on the couch strumming on my guitar, playing around. The door bell rings and I go up to open the door. Our manager David gives me a smile.

"Hey Daniel. Can you tell the boys to come down? I have news!" he smiles widely.

I nod and yell for the other boys to come down and meet in the living room for a meeting.

"Hey David!" Zach greets.

"So, what's the exciting news?" Jack asks.

"You guys are gonna be holding a contest at a high school in Denver!" David announces.

"Wait really? What for?" Jonah asked David excitedly, wide eyed.

"The winner will be featured in your new music video and we're leaving in 3 days so start packing boys!" He exclaims.

All of us bolted out of the lounge room and headed to our bedrooms to start packing.

the next day

I couldn't sleep all night because I was so excited to go to denver. I took my phone and texted blondie.

This girl 'blondie' is really nice and we're actually becoming friends. She's really caring and understanding and as I've said to her, she is something different. She's different than other girls I've talked to. Though I haven't seen what she looks like or heard her voice before, I already know she's beautiful because of her personality. I always seem to smile whenever I'm texting her.

When I found out blondie lives in Denver, I was even more excited than ever. Knowing that I could meet her just made my day. When I finished texting her, I ran down the stairs and headed to the kitchen to make myself some breakfast.

Jack and Zach was also in the kitchen eating, as per usual.

"Hey Jack, hey Zach." I said, smiling.

Jack and Zach looked at each other and shrugged.

"Why are you so happy Daniel?" Zach asked with curiosity.

"What do you mean? I'm always happy?" I reply back. I'm the one the boys called smiley as I am always smiling and cheerful.

"But right now... you're just extra happy. You're literally like a ray of sunshine and you're beaming with happiness," Zach tries to explain, "You know what I mean?"

"Fine, I'll tell you guys," Daniel gives in, not being able to keep it in any longer, "I accidentally texting the wrong number trying to text Jack. I actually texted a girl and we started getting to know each other and she is really nice, and she lives in Denver!"

"How old is she?" Zach asks, his eyes widening and a smile appearing on his face.

"Older than you, Zachary" I laugh out as Zach's smile is wiped off his face and he starts to pout.

"DANIEL TEXTED A GIRL. I REPEAT DANIEL TEXTED A GIRL" Jack screams on the top of his lungs.

"Shut up Jack!" I slap him on the shoulder and he just laughs.

"WAIT WHAT?" Corbyn starts running down the stairs, followed by Jonah.

"Daniel got a girl? What's her name? What does she look like?" Jonah starts bombarding me with questions.

"See.. I don't really know what she looks like or what her name is. All I know is that she calls herself blondie." I scratches the back of his head and laughs awkwardly.

The boys just stare at me and look at each other.

"So she's a pedophile and is probably a 50 year old man." Corbyn states.

"No! She's an 18 year old girl who lives in Denver! So, I get to see her when we go in 2 days!" I gave the 4 boys a toothy grin.

The boys just shake their heads and Corbyn and Jonah makes their breakfast while Zach and Jack continues eating and walk out to the living room.

-

"Daniel do you have more room in your suitcase?" Corbyn popped his head into my room. The boys and I have been packing the whole day.

"Corbyn! You don't need to bring more shoes! You have enough!" I told him. Corbyn had been repeatedly asked everyone if they had room in their suitcase for his shoes as he insisted on taking all of them as they would 'feel lonely' if they were left in his closet.

"But Daniel! Please! I only have one left over and Samantha is one of my favourites!" Corbyn complained and I gave him a a confused look.

"You name your shoes?" I said, chuckling, "if you have only one pair left what are you gonna wear to the airport? just wear.. Samantha."

"Oh yeah! thanks Daniel, bye!" he ran back into his room as I continued packing my clothes.