35 | a familiar face

thalia williams

My eyes fluttered open and I woke up in a sunlit room. The blinds were not doing any justice as the sun was peeking through. I felt the presence of someone next to me, Daniel. I turn to my side and see the boy himself, fast asleep. I may look creepy watching him, but I just can't help it. His messy hair made him attractive as hell and he had a smile on his face, even though he was sleeping. I wonder what he was dreaming about.

Once I stopped myself from staring at my lovely boyfriend for another minute, I got out of bed, quietly so that I wouldn't wake Daniel up. I made my way into the bathroom and freshened up. Afterwards, I went down the stairs and into the kitchen, making the boys and myself some breakfast.

The boys have constantly told me not to cook for them but I insisted. They let me stay at their house and this is my way of thanking them. But they love my cooking and I know they don't want me stop, they just won't admit it. As I was cooking, I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. At this moment, I knew the boys could smell the food and thats the only reason that they're awake. I swear, the boys could sleep forever if they could, it's a pain to wake them up.

I felt hands snake around my waist and soft lips kiss my neck softly.

"What did I tell you about cooking for us?" Daniel whispered in my ear.

"Who said I was cooking for you boys? I'm obviously cooking for myself, this girl needs some food!" I exclaimed sarcastically, causing Daniel to laugh in response, "But seriously, you all just need to admit that you do like my cooking and if I didn't cook, we'll be living off of cereal and goldfish crackers."

"We all love your cooking, Thals. It's just that we don't want you to cook for us because that's not your job and you really shouldn't bother because you're our guest." Daniel says to me, then a grin forms on his face, "But, I do have to admit, you look hot as hell while your cooking."

"Shut up!" I shake my head and I feel myself blushing.

I put bacon and eggs on one big plate and put out 6 plates for all of us. I put some eggs and bacon on a plate and put on the island, in front of Daniel.

"Thank you, this looks delicious." He says with a smile and starts eating.

I then hear more footsteps, coming down the stairs—actually, more like running down the stairs.

"FOOD!" I hear Zach scream and he runs to the kitchen, quickly grabbing a plate and getting some food on his plate.

I chuckle at his actions as he quickly devours the meal. Jack and Corbyn were right behind him, also grabbing some food. I then hear Jonah, slowly coming down the stairs.

As the boys eat, Jonah comes into the kitchen and I realise that most of the food is gone.

"Boys! You didn't leave enough food for Jonah." I scold them, sounding a bit like a mom, not gonna lie.

"Zach! This is all your fault, you too, most of the bacon!" Jack blames Zach.

"What?" Zach responds with food in his mouth, making his words sound muffled.

"It's okay, I'm not that hungry." Jonah replies, walking over to the coffee machine and making himself some coffee.

"Are you sure? I can make you some more."