10 | true identity

thalia's POV

As lunch came by, I quickly pulled my phone out of my pocket, eager to ask where this mystery boy was. As I sent a few texts, I waited impatiently, tapping my foot on the floor. After a while, I sighed.

"Why isn't he answering?" I looked up at Kendall in a frustrated face. She shrugged her shoulders, questioning as to why I was asking her.

"Calm down Thalia, he'll respond." Kendall said, "But I still don't get why you're texting him. You don't know his name, or really even how old he is. He could be an old man trying to kidnap you." She shook her head in disapproval.

Then my phone dinged and saw that Ocean had replied back. An eager smile appeared on my face and I opened up my messages.

hey ocean! i have news you will not believe this!

hey sorry for the late reply! tell me about it!

the why don't we boys are having a contest at our school! and its such a coincidence that you and the boys are here at the same time

yeah.. but i'm here at your school right now. can we meet up?

yes, kendall still thinks you are not who you really are.

tell her not to worry! i'm sure she'll love me haha

you are weird

but you love me anyway

yes, yes i do.

My smile widened, I seriously want to meet him right now.

"Hey." I heard a familiar voice, I turned my head and saw that it was Corbyn

"Oh, hey." I reply back, giving him a smile.

"Can I sit here? All the boys are just talking to other students and Daniel is texting some mystery girl that we know nothing about." he says.

"Mystery girl?" My eyebrows rose up, curiosity taking over me.

"Yeah, he's been texting this girl that apparently goes to this school and he was really excited to meet her. He's been annoying us because he would always be saying 'do you think its her?', 'no maybe her.'" he laughs.

I gave him a confused look, not because I didn't know what he was saying but because it seems to me that Daniel could be Ocean? What, he couldn't be.

"So, why'd you decide to come here?" I ask Corbyn.

"I don't know, you guys seem cool. I don't even know your names yet though."

"Oh, yeah sorry, my name is Thalia and this is my best friend Kendall." I point to kendall who gives him a small smile and then goes back on scrolling through instagram on her phone.

"Anyways, can I ask you something corbyn?" he nods in response.

"How's christina?" I smile at him and he tells all about how amazing Christina is and how much of an amazing girlfriend she is.

During the whole entire lunch, corbyn and I talked and I got to know more about him. He learnt stuff about me and we became friends really quick because of how much we had in common.

"You know what I should call you, Corbyn?" i raise an eyebrow to him.

"Blondie, or Corbean!" I ell him while he shakes his head.

"I think Corbean is better because we already call Daniel's mystery girl, blondie." when he said that I froze. could ocean really be Daniel?

"Can you tell me more about this mystery girl?" I ask him, tilting my head to the side

"Well, Daniel knew her when he accidently texted the wrong number because he was meant to text Jack. She says she likes to sing and she calls herself blondie while she calls Daniel Ocean." corbyn explains and my eyes goes wide and kendall chokes on her food.

"What!?" Kendall shouts and she receives glares from other students. Corbyn gives her a confused look

I give Kendall a look and I shake my head at her. She just smiles awkwardly and laughs.

"Um, yeah, well anyway we got to go now Corbyn. Bye!" I say, grabbing Kendall's wrist and go to another table, away from everyone.

Corbyn just gave us a confused look and walked over back to the group of boys who were surrounded with students.