ch. 24 attack

Mark embraces me tightly, "I love you" I whisper in his ear. Mark breathes a chuckle. Either that, or it's a stressful exhale, "I love you too" He says before he places a loving, passionate kiss on my lips. He wipes a tear from my eyecorner with his thumb, "I'll be back sooner than you think, (Y/N)" he tells me, looking into my eyes, telling me he believes and means it. I smile and want to say something, but I'm cut off by Wilford, "You have to go, your majesty...it's time" He says. Mark nods, releasing me after pecking me on the lips one more time and walking to his horse.

Wilford stands next to me, laying an arm around my shoulders. "Take good care of her, Will" Mark says. Wilford looks down at me, then up at Mark on his horse, "Don't worry about that, your highness, I'll do the best I can for her" I smile to myself at his kind words. Mark nods before he makes his horse walk towards the huge army. Wilford and I walk inside. I sigh, "so, what should we do now...?" I ask him. Wilford glances down at me before before his eyes roll up, thinking, "hm...movie..?" he asks. I can't help but smile, "sounds good" I tell him. "And I'll grab you favorite snack, and we'll go to my room, cause I just got a new flatscreen, and it's the best one ever made!" he tells me.

I giggle softly, "my favorite snack, huh?" I ask him. He nods, walking me up the stairs carefully, still having his arm around my shoulders, "The best chocolate we have with some delicious tea...and when you had enough of that, I'll have dorritos ready" He smirks down at me. I nod, "exactly!" I tell him, "you're good" I giggle softly, "Maybe a little too good" I narrow my eyes jokingly. Wilford raises an eyebrow, "you better watch out, missy" He tells me before opening his bedroom door. I smile as I walk in, laying down on his bed. "I'll be right back" he says. I smile at him, "I'll be right here!" He smiles and nods once at me before closing the door again and walking downstairs, towards the kitchen where Chef is telling everyone what to do and where everything goes.

____________________________________________________

Mark looks around, searching for maybe hidden soldiers among the trees. He can't trust Jack anymore. Who knows what he has planned for today. Mark holds up his hand to slow down everyone behind him. He and his army arrive on the battlefield. The battlefield where hasn't been fought for at least fifty years.

Jack and his army appear from the horizon. Mark steps off his horse as Jack's army gets in position. Jack steps off his horse, and him and Mark start approaching each other slowly. Every step they take, the tension, the rage builds between the two. They stop walking when they're both a few feet away from each other, "Hello, Mark" Jack says blankly. Mark narrows his eyes, "How unfortunate it is that it had to come to this" He tells Jack. Jack narrows his eyes, "you think so? Or do you like the fact you can finally have the chance to get me killed...the jealous king with the smaller kingdom" He tells Mark with a hint of disgust in his tone.

Mark sighs, "You started this war, Jack...we could have worked this out" Mark explains. Jack shakes his head, "We were working this out...until you started blaming me for horrible things" He explains. Mark sighs, "good luck" He tells Jack, but Jack simply turns his back to Mark, and walks back to his army. Mark does the same, but he runs to his army, and gets on his horse to find a safer spot to fight.

He stands on a higher piece of ground, pulls out his sword, and sticks it up in the air,

"ATTACK!!!!!"